Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: latest iTunes update: disables custom ringtones?

Default latest iTunes update: disables custom ringtones?
    So I just updated my iTunes software, and once everything was finished updating (including syncing w/ the iPhone) the custom ringtones I had created online (for free, not for whatever it costs on the itunes store) would no longer appear in my ringtones folder and somehow had been deleted from my phone.

WTF? Is there any way around this? I tried putting the tones back into the ringtones folder but no luck. Next I tried putting them in the folder with the music I sync to the phone. That worked in getting them onto the phone but I still can't use them as ringtones...

Anyone out there know what to do?

Yes, you do the same thing you did before iTunes handled the ringtones for you. Plenty of threads here on the topic from weeks back, just do some reading...

Default Does iTunes 7.4.2 effect unlocked iPhones?
    Does anyone know if updating iTunes to 7.4.2 effect hacked/unlocked iPhones?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Yes, you do the same thing you did before iTunes handled the ringtones for you. Plenty of threads here on the topic from weeks back, just do some reading...

Can you link me please?? I am a noob and dont know where to look?

thanks

Is there a way I can possibly put my custom ring tones back on my iPhone using iRingtoner or any other program for a windows based computer like I was before I updated to 1.1.1???

please help me with this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lukeyxdukey View Post
    Is there a way I can possibly put my custom ring tones back on my iPhone using iRingtoner or any other program for a windows based computer like I was before I updated to 1.1.1???

please help me with this!!!
    What he said ^^^