+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is a lawsuit imminent against Apple regarding iPhone 4 reception issues?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I just can't believe the **** I am reading all over the web regarding ******* Job's comments about the reception problem. "Just don't hold it that way" or "get a
    Thanks

Default Is a lawsuit imminent against Apple regarding iPhone 4 reception issues?
    I just can't believe the **** I am reading all over the web regarding ******* Job's comments about the reception problem. "Just don't hold it that way" or "get a case!"

WTF?

He claims that every phone has reception issues if you hold it a certain way...they do? News to me! Ever since I've had cell phones since 2003, I've never had reception issues because I held the phone LIKE EVERYONE ELSE HOLDS THEIR PHONES! People hold their phones as they talk how it's natural for them, not the way Steve Jobs wants us to hold them! This guy is a total moron! He's got his head so far up his *** he can't even admit to a mistake his own company made, instead he wants to blame his users...pure and total ********!

I still have not decided if I want a case for my phone as it is beautiful and I'm not sure I'm as fond of the bumper case as I first was. After seeing vids on youtube, the bumpers actually look kinda bulky and tacky to me...if that is really the case I don't want one on my phone. So the question is, should I just return this POS and stay with T-Mobile and get a HTC or should I wait it out for a fix? When I called support yesterday the girl I spoke with (as I mentioned on a previous post) insisted it was a software issue and that they were totally aware of the problem, admitted to the problem and were working on it and that the issue would be addressed in a iOS 4 update in the coming days. Yet, Steve Jobs is coming online saying the total opposite..."it's not a big deal!"

LMAO...what a joke! This whole Apple experience as seriously pissed me the **** off! As far as I'm concerned they are no different then any other company and they need to take their heads out of their asses and get with it!

Uhm ads in posts are covering up text...
    Last edited by Dayvidpriddy; 06-25-2010 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow, you have never had an actual bad thing happen to you in your entire life have you?
    Last edited by ClerkDante; 06-25-2010 at 07:49 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Lawsuit? Why? Did someone die from having bad reception?
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Thanks

Don't like the reception, bring your phone back. End of story.

Green Apple
    Thanks

A lawsuit is unneccesary... xalm your tail down! if reception is sooo important to you, get a damn bunper or take the phone back and be over with it

Sorry, I meant calm your tail down!!! I'm on my motorola cliq, which has small keys on the keyboard, making it extremely hard to type too fast
    Last edited by QWood13; 06-25-2010 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I'm surprised you guys would respond like this...unless you all are not iPhone 4 owners or perhaps slit my wrist fanboys. Everyone but about 1% of folks who got the phone are having the issue, it's a design flaw, why should we as customers have to either hold our phone "Steve's way" or put cheap plastic around the phone to make it work? Trust me there will be lawsuits filed if they do not address this and address it the right way, you are talking about 99% of owners here. Out of about 100 people that I know who received their phones, not one of them is NOT having the issue. That is simply not acceptable! So stop *** kissing fanboys...

Thanks

Everyone is well within their right to return the device if it's not performing to expectations.

Nothing to get worked up about.

Thanks
    A class action lawsuit would work, just gather a bunch of more people with you (located in the same country, and owning an iPhone 4 with reception issues), and get some money back

They could return the phone, but in that case they would receive a 100% refund. In court, they can get more than 100% due the liablity charges and false advertising.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    I'm surprised you guys would respond like this...unless you all are not iPhone 4 owners or perhaps slit my wrist fanboys. Everyone but about 1% of folks who got the phone are having the issue, it's a design flaw, why should we as customers have to either hold our phone "Steve's way" or put cheap plastic around the phone to make it work? Trust me there will be lawsuits filed if they do not address this and address it the right way, you are talking about 99% of owners here. Out of about 100 people that I know who received their phones, not one of them is NOT having the issue. That is simply not acceptable! So stop *** kissing fanboys...
    You personally know 100 people who have bought an iPhone 4 and asked each one if they have the reception issue? Idiot.

You know what's worse than Apple fanboys? Apple haters. If you don't like their products, don't buy them moron. If you're not happy with your purchase, get your money back. I know, I know, that's just crazy talking right there, but, you know, think it over.

Quote Originally Posted by SeW800 View Post
    A class action lawsuit would work, just gather a bunch of more people with you (located in the same country, and owning an iPhone 4 with reception issues), and get some money back

They could return the phone, but in that case they would receive a 100% refund. In court, they can get more than 100% due the liablity charges and false advertising.
    The fact that you think this is even a possibility is just silly.
    Last edited by dhamien; 06-25-2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Thats pretty much how a class action lawsuit works...

Although I do think its kinda jigged that this problem is happening. I'm not having any issues so I guess I'm not sharing the same frustration. I really think a lawsuit is overkill, just return the phone like everyone has said if you are unhappy with it. It's a terrible thing that people think suing others and filing lawsuits are so necessary now a days.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Thanks
    Hehe, I was just brain storming, trying to help the guy out

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

There are videos all over now too of how many phones drop signal strength the moment a user touches the phone.

Thanks

I hope Apple does the right thing.

Remember Apple giving people a gift card for the people who bought the first iPhone before the first price drop they did on it.

I think is was either 100 or 50 back not fully sure, but did get money back after the price drop because many complaints.

Now that was somewhat an isolated incident, but this one is not, so lets wait and see.

And if you can not handle it come on it is just a cellphone people!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SeW800 View Post
    What money? Class action lawsuit means that Apple pays tens of millions of dollars to a few lawyers and every iPhone 4 owner gets a $5 iTunes store credit.

Thanks

You personally know 100 people who have bought an iPhone 4 and asked each one if they have the reception issue? Idiot.

You know what's worse than Apple fanboys? Apple haters. If you don't like their products, don't buy them moron. If you're not happy with your purchase, get your money back. I know, I know, that's just crazy talking right there, but, you know, think it over.

Yeah, I personally know 100 people who have the iPhone 4 (I'm young and hot...I'm popular what can I say!) That makes me an idiot because I have friends?

It's not about liking their products Sherlock Holmes, it's about the product working as it was intended to work...AS A PHONE and not a brick! I'm holding onto it hoping that they fix the issue, I'm not going to just return it without giving them a chance to fix the problem. We all bought the phone because we like it, we want it to work and don't want to have to return them.

Nobody is hating on Apple but they have clearly made a huge mistake here, stop *** kissing them and kick your attitude out the front door man! It must suck being so in love with a company that you can't even admit when they **** up! You suck!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yeah, I personally know 100 people who have the iPhone 4 (I'm young and hot...I'm popular what can I say!) That makes me an idiot because I have friends?
    Just to let you know, all credibility goes when you make statements like this. This means that I don't have to bother with the rest of what you post.

Thanks

Just to let you know, all credibility goes when you make statements like this. This means that I don't have to bother with the rest of what you post.
    Just to let you know maybe you should get a clue and a sense of humor and realize that I'm young and have tons of friends and I don't sit at home all day on modmyi to get the highest post score (how do you do this and kiss Steve Jobs *** at the same time?) You think that it's not possible for one person to know 100 people who have iPhones? Dude I have hundreds of friends, sorry you are not popular. But don't bring it to my back door!

Thanks

With such a sunny disposition, why would anyone ever doubt?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Just to let you know maybe you should get a clue and a sense of humor and realize that I'm young and have tons of friends and I don't sit at home all day on modmyi to get the highest post score (how do you do this and kiss Steve Jobs *** at the same time?) You think that it's not possible for one person to know 100 people who have iPhones? Dude I have hundreds of friends, sorry you are not popular. But don't bring it to my back door!
    Sorry, but you can't make me feel offended. At least not by trying to. Your stupidity on the other hand is something I could get worked up over which I guess is a problem with me seeing as you don't know any better.

Listen, simple logic will tell you why I know you haven't talked personally to 100 "friends" about reception issues on their new iPhone 4.

Thanks

I'm no legal expert, but as I understand the law, even if 100% of iPhones were having major problems, all the customer has to do is return it and get his money back.

A lawsuit can be filed in the case of the change in data plans for the 3G iPad because it could be argued that they pulled a "bait & switch" - saying you're going to get x service when you buy y product, and then retracting x service soon after y product is sold. That's potential grounds for a lawsuit.

But in this case, just go to Apple, say "I don't like how this works," get a refund, and buy yourself a different phone. When you have that power, there's no reason to file a lawsuit.

btw mine works great.