+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wait...or buy iPhone 4 now?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I need some opinions guys! What do you think i should do? I have 2 lines w/ tmo and I pay $145 a month with 2 iPhones. I cant have
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Default Wait...or buy iPhone 4 now?
    I need some opinions guys! What do you think i should do? I have 2 lines w/ tmo and I pay $145 a month with 2 iPhones. I cant have web2go cuz it violate wirefly contract i have for 181 days.

Should I pay about $600+ per iPhone 4 (need 2) now and keep TMo, downgrade in October my web plan so my monthly bill is $95, and essentially pay $1200+?

Or should I wait till October to cancel my TMo lines ($350) and switch to AT&T to get the phones for $199 each and pay $100 monthly for 2GB web and 700 minutes (same as my TMo plan)?

There is a deposit for bad or no credit for AT&T right? How much is that, anybody know? Im thinking switching is worth it too cuz then I get 3G too.

Overall, does it look cheaper for me to switch to AT&T and get the discounted phones along with the cancellation fees with TMo?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

whats the cancellation fee

Thanks

$175 a line

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

ouch. I really do like having 3G and voicemail tho.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm sorta in a boat like yours. I've been with tmo now since 2003, the past two years with my 3g. Anyways I pay the following:
    39.99- 1500 mins
    32.99- ulimited web/text
    with taxes it's around 80 bucks a month give or take. I love tmobile but I'm thinking about trying AT&T. Although to get a plan even close to what I'm used to will cost me almost 40-50 more a month with AT&T. I do hate edge bu t I don't know if I can justify spending that much more for 3g. I'm torn as well. I'm guessing if i stay with tmobile and buy the iPhone outright, then with the extra I'd be saving on service vs AT&T the phone will pretty much pay for itself alittle I've a year. Honestly I'm hoping to eventually get a factory unlocked one if possible so then I can go with whomever. But yes AT&T does credit checks. When I had bad credit years ago they wanted like a 300-500 deposit. But if you're gunna be paying about what u pay with tmobile then I'd say try AT&T. U got 30 days to decide if u like their service that's what I think I'm gunna do myself. Try em out.

Thanks

300-500 deposit?! Wow... Dang! I dunno I really want 3G on my phone... EDGE is so sloe where I work. Its fast elsewhere but I spend more time at work than anywhere else.

Does anyone have TMo on an iPhone 4? If so, cutting the SIM actually works right? If so, did you use a cutter that you can buy online or did you just whip out an exacto knife and do it manually?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I don't believe anyone that I know of has tmo on the iPhone 4 yet since there is no official jb/unlock yet. I'm going to cut down my sim and just get an adapter piece if I want to use it as a full sim in the future.

Thanks

really? I thought the unlock is out? That doesnt apply for the 4?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No jailbreak or unlock for the 4 yet. Only iOS 4 on other devices.

Tough call, man - that's a lotta money. For what it's worth, I waited in line 4 hours yesterday and am EXTREMELY happy with mine. I'll welcome a jailbreak when it comes, but with the new features, I'm surprisingly ok without it for now.