+ Reply
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: can we preorder iphone from Apple with paypal debit card?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
does anybody know if a paypal debit card would work to pre-order the iphone through apple? i guess i might have to give them a call but thought id ask
...
  1. #1
    Livin the iPhone Life bobright's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,894
    Thanks
    444
    Thanked 216 Times in 149 Posts

    Default can we preorder iphone from Apple with paypal debit card?
    does anybody know if a paypal debit card would work to pre-order the iphone through apple? i guess i might have to give them a call but thought id ask here first.

    also - we arent charged until it ships correct?



    cheers

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,193
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 112 Times in 85 Posts

    Yes you can, but the thing is they put your money on hold then after 6 or 7 days when they shipp it, they charge your credid card. Then thing is PayPal debit card with master card logo, they allow to put one transaction on hold for 5 days yf apple send your iphone after 5 days, PayPal are going to cancel your order and put your money back on your account. If apple charge you before 5 days, you should be ok. I know that because I pre-ordered my phone and they cancel my order after 5 days, then I called PayPal and they told me what happen. If you buy it on an apple store or att store you are not going to have problem because they are going to take your money from your cc instantly. For more information call PayPal and ask about what I told you.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to javiert30 For This Useful Post:

    bobright (06-25-2010)

  4. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life bobright's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,894
    Thanks
    444
    Thanked 216 Times in 149 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Yes you can, but the thing is they put your money on hold then after 6 or 7 days when they shipp it, they charge your credid card. Then thing is PayPal debit card with master card logo, they allow to put one transaction on hold for 5 days yf apple send your iphone after 5 days, PayPal are going to cancel your order and put your money back on your account. If apple charge you before 5 days, you should be ok. I know that because I pre-ordered my phone and they cancel my order after 5 days, then I called PayPal and they told me what happen. If you buy it on an apple store or att store you are not going to have problem because they are going to take your money from your cc instantly. For more information call PayPal and ask about what I told you.
    Ahh ok right on for the break down, yeah that sounds like you're just asking for trouble, especially if I pre-ordered but hunted one down before the 14th i'd want to cancel.

    I talked to my local Apple store at about 9:40 they close at nine and were still there taking calls. They said they've got a limited batch of phones that were held for people that reserved, but since no one got them there selling them tomorrow. So wish me luck im headed an hour before opening in hopes of snatchin one of them babys!

  5. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,193
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 112 Times in 85 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    Ahh ok right on for the break down, yeah that sounds like you're just asking for trouble, especially if I pre-ordered but hunted one down before the 14th i'd want to cancel.

    I talked to my local Apple store at about 9:40 they close at nine and were still there taking calls. They said they've got a limited batch of phones that were held for people that reserved, but since no one got them there selling them tomorrow. So wish me luck im headed an hour before opening in hopes of snatchin one of them babys!
    Good luck , im getting mine on tuesday on ATT store, I hope Ill be on time there.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  6. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life bobright's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,894
    Thanks
    444
    Thanked 216 Times in 149 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Good luck , im getting mine on tuesday on ATT store, I hope Ill be on time there.
    Right back atcha, got mine in the morning. The screen display, quickness and IOS4 features make it awesome BUT ive got the dreaded reception and proximity issues like everyone else.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts