+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G iOS4 Multitasking Problems

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Alright started with a 3G 3.1.2 JB w/ blackra1n. Was able to successfully upgrade to iOS4 and JB w/ pwngtool 4.0.1. After jailbreak wallpaper & multitasking was working correctly, but
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G iOS4 Multitasking Problems
    Alright started with a 3G 3.1.2 JB w/ blackra1n. Was able to successfully upgrade to iOS4 and JB w/ pwngtool 4.0.1. After jailbreak wallpaper & multitasking was working correctly, but for some reason no when I double tap home to bring up multitasking menu it lifts te dock, but there's no apps there.

Only thing I did between working & not working was apply the glass orb dock, but even after uninstalling the dock is fails to work.

Any ideas or solutions to fix this issue?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Same thing happened to me.I found out that winterboard doesn't support iOS4 yet.Try uninstalling it and reboot.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I thought the 3g doesn't support multitasking.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hi there,
    I had the same problem when I updated to IOs4 and installed Bosspaperto only remove that stupid Dock. Now after that.. All icon were no arranged very well.
    As you can see here in a post I already posted:

http://modmyi.com/forums/attachments...mg_0007-1-.png

Now I found the problem..

Went to restore back to ios4 and when to install everything slowly and restarted after everything
    Then I came to get rid of the Dock. I went via SSH and rename that stupid Shadow behind every icon for having better perfomance.. Then I went to rename the SBDock.png.. Restrated..
    Then I saw that all icons were having a big space in between and my CALL APP.. MAIL APP...IPOD APP.. were not on my screen..
    I renamed the SBDock.png back to its orignal and restarted and everything is normal.. Then I tried to Deleted the SBDock.png and everything was in a CHAoS on my screen.

What you need to do is dont use any Theme Yet.. most people are not concern about this problem.
    If you want to get rid of the Dock or use a Custom Dock.. Just duplicate the Original and save it.. And edit the orignal in Photoshop and put your design or leave it Blank for no Dock and reupload it via SSH and Gualaaaa..everyting is fine..

Hope it helped you and others.

Any other problem let me know

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post
    Hi there,
    I had the same problem when I updated to IOs4 and installed Bosspaperto only remove that stupid Dock. Now after that.. All icon were no arranged very well.
    As you can see here in a post I already posted:

http://modmyi.com/forums/attachments...mg_0007-1-.png

Now I found the problem..

Went to restore back to ios4 and when to install everything slowly and restarted after everything
    Then I came to get rid of the Dock. I went via SSH and rename that stupid Shadow behind every icon for having better perfomance.. Then I went to rename the SBDock.png.. Restrated..
    Then I saw that all icons were having a big space in between and my CALL APP.. MAIL APP...IPOD APP.. were not on my screen..
    I renamed the SBDock.png back to its orignal and restarted and everything is normal.. Then I tried to Deleted the SBDock.png and everything was in a CHAoS on my screen.

What you need to do is dont use any Theme Yet.. most people are not concern about this problem.
    If you want to get rid of the Dock or use a Custom Dock.. Just duplicate the Original and save it.. And edit the orignal in Photoshop and put your design or leave it Blank for no Dock and reupload it via SSH and Gualaaaa..everyting is fine..

Hope it helped you and others.

Any other problem let me know
    I really don't want to be rude, but it was very hard to follow this post, due to the broken English. I'm sorry, but it's true. If someone could explain this post, I would greatly appreciate it, because I'm also having the same multitasking issue with my iPhone 3G. It's on iOS 4.0, JB and Unlock. I also have BossPaper installed (because the native Wallpaper function of 4.0 severely slows down my phone). Activating the multitasking function also delivers a completely blank dock, and I'm wondering why this is happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For me Winterboard caused mine to not show up. I uninstalled it, and I can now close apps again. However my phone seems to not want to close any apps on it's own anymore.

I run the display from sbsettings that shows me free ram, and I can get down to 3 or 4 MB to the point where my phone almost completely freezes up, and I have to manually shut down some of the 7 or 8 open apps.