Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
06-24-2010, 08:39 AM #1Yahoo! iPhone 4 Review (Reasons Why Not To Buy iPhone 4)
5-big-blemishes-for-the-apple-iphone-4: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance
Apple is the king of half-assing their products.
06-24-2010, 08:44 AM #2
Every single one of those reasons is stupid.
1. MP doesn't equal better quality.. just a marketing ploy.
2. I can type just fine on my iPhone.. i don't hunt and peck.
3. Video calling was disclosed up front that it's only iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 - plus at least in the USA I can't think of another phone with video calling... and if there is.. no one has one lol.
4. There's not a shortage - there's a crap load of customers! That's a positive.. not a negative lol. Pre-orders were 10x higher this year.. they couldn't have predicted THAT much.
5. No Verizon? - AT&T seems to be fine in Texas and in almost every other area. I bet you stick 30 million iPhones on Verizon and their network would crumble too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:
06-24-2010, 09:05 AM #3
06-24-2010, 09:05 AM #4
The HTC Evo has a front camera and you can use skype on it as well, plus it has a 8mega pixel camera, faster processor i believe(<<<off topic>>>), no apple locks on it (so you don't need to jailbreak it) and much more. I'm just saying I own an iPhone 3Gs (got it recently), but the HTC seems to blow the iPhone 4 away, in my opinion if you look at the feature's list or even a comparison.
06-24-2010, 11:07 AM #5
06-24-2010, 02:03 PM #6
The Following User Says Thank You to godsrainbow1984 For This Useful Post:
06-24-2010, 02:24 PM #7
06-24-2010, 04:40 PM #8
06-24-2010, 04:44 PM #9
Ditto with three snaps and a head twist with an around the world snap
06-24-2010, 05:01 PM #10
I'm on my iPhone 4 right now. Got it yesterday. Best phone I've ever used. Build quality is stunning, speed is incredible, and the display is fantastic. I couldn't be happier.
06-24-2010, 05:13 PM #11
Just because it has a faster processor means nothing if the OS is not optimized. iOS is optimized for each of the iPhones. Android is geared for a whole mesh of hardware. Having it optimized or built specifically for that hardware will run faster than an unoptimized os on a faster processor.
06-24-2010, 05:18 PM #12
Oh my God. Those are the stupidest reasons. That journalist should be fired. Lol
06-24-2010, 07:11 PM #13
06-24-2010, 07:28 PM #14
06-25-2010, 07:24 AM #15
On point 3; didn't they say that they would make the FaceTime software open-source meaning that anyone is free to make a FaceTime app for Android?We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
06-25-2010, 07:39 AM #16
The Megapixel thing has always baffled me. We've got 8MP, We've got 12MP! Yay Yay Yay!
Reality is, from a pixels perspective, much like the argument abount the visibility of pixels in the retina display, unless you're prints are going to be significantly larger than 8x10 (and if they are, you're not using ANY cell phone to take the pic in the first place) there's going to be no difference between a 12MP camera and a 3MP camera.
If you're anywhere in that range, lens and processor are FAR more important than pixel count.