Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wifi problem 3gs JB and Unlck 3.1.2

Default Wifi problem 3gs JB and Unlck 3.1.2
    Jailbroke my phone with blackra1n a while ago and had this wifi problem that just came back out of nowhere. I turn off my phone and upon restart my phone doesn't recognize or even see wifi sources. Maybe after 4-5 restarts later the problem is fixed...untilli restart my phone again. Ilnow wifi has been a big issue and I haven't seen any fixes. Maybe I should just update to ios 4 thanks

That's a known issue with blacksn0w/blackra1n, you may better use ultrasn0w.
    go to cydia, uninstall blacksn0w, and install 'ultrasn0w'.

Press Thanks! If I Helped.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

rivryan (06-24-2010)

sweet, also could you guide me or direct me into how to install ios4+jailbreak/unlock?? if i update to ios 4 then doesnt that mean ill have the most "recent" files thus not allowing me to jailbreak at the moment? just wondering, thanks! (steps to jailbreaking would be helpful cuz the unlock is just through cydia)

Which iphone, and which version, which bootrom do you have?
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

rivryan (06-24-2010)

i have a 3gs (3.1.2), jailbroken back in the day with blackra1n (4th and 5th number is 41 so assuming new bootrom?) and i havent touched spirit jailbreak and i have a PC (windows).

didnt wanna hasstle putting it in DFU mode, is there an easier way to see bootrom or do i HAVE to?
    Last edited by rivryan; 06-24-2010 at 08:30 AM.

So download the latest Sn0wBreeze from iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones and the stock 4.0 http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....3_Restore.ipsw
    and make your own custom 4.0, and then click Shift+Restore on iTunes to restore using the custom version you've done.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

rivryan (06-24-2010)

gotcha thanks! btw, am i correct on my assumption of new bootrom?

Hell YESS! so you should not try to upgrade to 4.0 right now!!
    you should be waiting for a new tool to be released soon.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

rivryan (06-24-2010)

haha i figured, thanks for the effort though ill wait for the new jailbreak!!

Quote Originally Posted by rivryan View Post
    Jailbroke my phone with blackra1n a while ago and had this wifi problem that just came back out of nowhere. I turn off my phone and upon restart my phone doesn't recognize or even see wifi sources. Maybe after 4-5 restarts later the problem is fixed...untilli restart my phone again. Ilnow wifi has been a big issue and I haven't seen any fixes. Maybe I should just update to ios 4 thanks
    I am also having a wifi issue but with a 2g iPhone. It came to me with no internet. I restored and jailbroke with Blackra1n and it worked fine for a while. Then all of a sudden the phone couldn't detect any wifi networks again.

After reading this post I have restored again and now jailbroken using redsn0w 0.9.3. The wifi is still not working.

Did you get to the bottom of your issue or can anyone else help?