+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem restoring with iOS4

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So when i was upgrading my iphone it prompted me to make a back up so i did, and i thought that was all, but now i cant find that
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Problem restoring with iOS4
    So when i was upgrading my iphone it prompted me to make a back up so i did, and i thought that was all, but now i cant find that back up and all my data is gone, and i had some important files that i need for my job, i found the backup in

CDocuments and Settings\User\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\Mobile Backups

instead of the regular place its in, so i dont know how to restore it anymore if anyone could help it would be much appreciated

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ojrtega View Post
    So when i was upgrading my iphone it prompted me to make a back up so i did, and i thought that was all, but now i cant find that back up and all my data is gone, and i had some important files that i need for my job, i found the backup in

Cocuments and SettingsUserApplication DataApple ComputeriTunesMobile Backups

instead of the regular place its in, so i dont know how to restore it anymore if anyone could help it would be much appreciated
    Connect your iphone to your computer, Itunes should start, wait on it takes forever it seems! I itunes does not start when iphone is connected just start manually!

Once Itunes is up look to the left side about middle ways down and you should see your Iphone, may take a minute! Once you see your iphone in itunes right click on the phone and you will get an options menu, and backup and restore are two of the options!

If you backed up your iphone in itunes and didn't change anything itunes knows where the back file is!

Select restore and if you have more than one listed choose the last one you backed up!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ya its not there... i tried that already, this back up was weird, it took like 2 hours, and when i clicked to update it it said this may take an hour or more, so when it was done updating it was restoring but then it stopped mid way, so when i connect it it says "iTunes was interrupeted while restoring the content of the iPhone. Would you like to restore this iPhone again now?" and has the option cancel, continue restore, and delete back up. and when i click continue restore it just gets an error, and doesnt have an option to restart restore

well i have no idea what happened now since it deleted itself.... ya i give up....
    Last edited by ojrtega; 06-23-2010 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost