Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Moving from JB 3GS to New 4

Default Moving from JB 3GS to New 4
    Hey guys, wondering what the best procedure would be to set up my new phone.

I have a 32GB 3GS with 3.1.2 that is jailbroken. I'd like to move over apps (legit appstore ones anyway) and contacts to the new 4 as cleanly as possible.

In the end I just need a clean 4 with my apps and contacts and a wiped 3GS that I can sell (likely as a jailbroken iOS 4).

Does this present any problems? Thanks for your help.

Set up the new iPhone 4 as a new phone and was able to get apps and contacts over.

Now I'm just wondering the best way to upgrade the jailbroken 3.1.2 3GS to jailbroken iOS 4, while also resetting the phone to "factory".

And should I sell without SIM or is there a good way to wipe it securely?
    Last edited by LilGator; 06-24-2010 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

assuming your on the older bootrom, just restore to a custom 4.0 ipsw, and leave the phone blank. You might as well install ultrasn0w, and sell it as an unlocked phone.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

LilGator (06-24-2010)

Thanks man, glad to hear that's all I need to do. It is the older bootrom. Thanks for the tip about unlocking it- might as well.

I gave Sn0wbreeze a shot and ended up with an unknown error during the custom firmware restore (13 I believe). I'll have to give it another shot later tonight.