Results 1 to 18 of 18

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iOS 4 new features

  1. #1
    Default iOS 4 new features
    i dont know if this has been discussed yet or not if so i'm sorry.

    what new things have you found on your new iphone 4 or iOS4?

    i just got my iphone 4 today and noticed if you are looking at the home screen with the icons and you press the home button twice fast, you can scroll through icons at the bottom of the page and the top part is greyed out. dont know what it's suppose to do but i havent noticed it before.

    also wonder if anybody is working on a app to turn the flash on like a flashlight?

  2. #2
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts

    that is the multitask feature of ios 4
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

  3. #3
    thanks, i'm liking the new phone

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 28 Times in 11 Posts

    So you went and bought a new iPhone 4 without knowing what it does?? That doesn't make any sense.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mmurphmsu View Post
    So you went and bought a new iPhone 4 without knowing what it does?? That doesn't make any sense.
    oh i'm sorry, everybody cant be a know it all like you. i knew what the phone does i just didnt know you had to do anything special for multitasking. which needs work by the way.

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 28 Times in 11 Posts

    I wasn't saying you need to know all of the feature's cause I don't. Multitasking is one of the major new things it does. And no it doesn't need work, its better than proswitcher/backgrounder that I had on my jailbroken 3G
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

  7. #7
    Where do cycorder store your video files when you sync it with a macbook pro? And videos i had on software 3.1.2 would i get them back now with 4.0?

  8. #8
    what i mean by made better is everything you open it runs in the background, or so i assume thats what it does.

  9. #9
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    It was a simple question and needed a simple answer, no reason to kick someone's head in over it. Play nice

  10. #10
    sorry for getting out of line guys. i'll search a little harder next time.

  11. #11
    Everything that you open is not kept running. Apple's multitasking is more like state-saving (unless it's pandora, skype, or something of that nature). Apple pretty much caches your app's position, and then quickly reloads it when you open it. All you have to do to delete this cache for an app is open up the multitasking menu, hold down on one of the icons, and tap the red arrow.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
    also wonder if anybody is working on a app to turn the flash on like a flashlight?
    Go to Camera, switch to video mode and turn flash on.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    Go to Camera, switch to video mode and turn flash on.
    haha, yea i figured that one out.

  14. #14
    Contemplating on updating to iOS 4 on my 3gs 16 gb but...

    what's the difference if i have a totally modded 3gs (3.1.2) with sbsettings, push notifications working perfectly, proswitcher, and other mods. Is there any reason for me to update? (its runner very smooth and don't seem to be having many problems)

    I will definately update (maybe in a month) when iOS 4 bugs are all taken care of and compatibility issues and resolved but for now im pretty sure my phone has all the capabilities of iOS 4? any input?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by rivryan View Post
    Contemplating on updating to iOS 4 on my 3gs 16 gb but...

    what's the difference if i have a totally modded 3gs (3.1.2) with sbsettings, push notifications working perfectly, proswitcher, and other mods. Is there any reason for me to update? (its runner very smooth and don't seem to be having many problems)

    I will definately update (maybe in a month) when iOS 4 bugs are all taken care of and compatibility issues and resolved but for now im pretty sure my phone has all the capabilities of iOS 4? any input?
    They fixed over 60 security issues, most of them within webkit.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

    rivryan (06-25-2010)

  17. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    They fixed over 60 security issues, most of them within webkit.
    ahh i see, so ill definately be doin the update then ill just give it a bit of time. thanks!

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by rivryan View Post
    ahh i see, so ill definately be doin the update then ill just give it a bit of time. thanks!
    No huge rush if your setup works perfectly for now. But worth upgrading to some people for the added safety.

  19. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    No huge rush if your setup works perfectly for now. But worth upgrading to some people for the added safety.
    interesting, and yea my setup basically resembles iOS4 and works perfectly at the moment. (Backgrounder, sbsettings, proswicher, and PUSH NOTIFICATIONS FIXED WITH PUSH DOCTOR! lol) didn't know about the security and i could use the safety so ill update in a month

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •