Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone else find multitasking annoying?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default Anyone else find multitasking annoying?
    It's really annoying for me. I use a 3G and everytime I open a programme, I have to close it and then double tap on my home button and close it from the multi tasking menu.

Also, the double tapping doesn't work properly on my phone because the home button is really unsensetive, I have to press down the home button hard everytime I want to use it. So when I want to use multi tasking, I have to press hard down on it to use it.

With the 3.1.3, I just had to double tap the top of the screen to multitask, it was so much easier.

Also with 4.0, on Sb Settings, on 3.1.3 it used to always have 60mb free when I wasn't using anything, and now it only has 50 so I can tell that iOS 4 is ruining my battery.

Anyone else having these problems? I'm thinking of switching back to 3.1.3 but soon, most games will only work on 4.0

Uhm 3.1.3 didn't support multi-tasking.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Uhm 3.1.3 didn't support multi-tasking.
    Jailbroken it did

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoSeriouss View Post
    Jailbroken it did
    Gee where was my head lol.

Ya the closing of apps in the new task switcher or at least a better way of handling "open apps" in there is definitely needed. I'm sure this will be known to Apple quickly and changed in the first 4.x update.

Or like myself, just waiting till backgrounder gets updated as well as Circuitous so I can use that stealer task manager mostly. I've already gone back to 3.1.2 and once again back to 4.0 for various reasons, but I'd recommend staying on 4 and just wait it out, things will be updated soon enough. Although I'm hoping a jailbreak on the new hardware comes quick since today is my last day with the 3GS.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

There's a reason multitasking isn't supported on the 3G ...
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    There's a reason multitasking isn't supported on the 3G ...
    I'd imagine it was a general speed reason, same reasoning for not having the wallpapers for not being smooth enough in transitions.

This argument could also play towards MMS on 2Gs

Backrounder was good before the app update. Now I find it so horrible I dont even use it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoSeriouss View Post
    It's really annoying for me. I use a 3G and everytime I open a programme, I have to close it and then double tap on my home button and close it from the multi tasking menu.

Also, the double tapping doesn't work properly on my phone because the home button is really unsensetive, I have to press down the home button hard everytime I want to use it. So when I want to use multi tasking, I have to press hard down on it to use it.

With the 3.1.3, I just had to double tap the top of the screen to multitask, it was so much easier.

Also with 4.0, on Sb Settings, on 3.1.3 it used to always have 60mb free when I wasn't using anything, and now it only has 50 so I can tell that iOS 4 is ruining my battery.

Anyone else having these problems? I'm thinking of switching back to 3.1.3 but soon, most games will only work on 4.0
    When you JB the .ipsw, just dont check off re-enable funcionality, you can jailbreak the 3G .ipsw withut enabling multitasking, or go to the N82AP.plist and remove the multitasking=true tag, i believe its in /var/stash/