+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Purchasing Someonelses Iphone 4....Please

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Summary: My aunt is on at&t with a 3gs and im on tmoble with a 3g. She's up for an upgrade but i dont think she has any interest in
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help Purchasing Someonelses Iphone 4....Please
    Summary: My aunt is on at&t with a 3gs and im on tmoble with a 3g. She's up for an upgrade but i dont think she has any interest in the new iphone. I want to give her $200 to get the upgraded phone and have her keep her 3gs.
    Question: Is there anyway to do this without to much hassel.
    Thoughts: Because i kno the new iphone will use micro sim. I also know that u can cut a regular sim to fit a micro sim phone.
    Question2: can she go to an at&t store and ask for the new iphone, but still leave her old sim for her 3gs activated while i get the iphone 4??

Please any responses would be appreciated. I just thought of this this morning, and i think its my best shot at the new phone.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

yes, and yes.

Just tell ATT the truth if they want to activate it for you. they aren't going to get mad, your aunt is on an iphone plan, and is signing another contract. They could care less about the phone after that
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What exactly are the side effects of buying a new iPhone 4 through AT&T? I've heard that it means that you're locked into a two-year contract. Do those two years go on top of whatever contract you already had, or does it simply mean that two years from now, your contract will be up?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Depending on her upgrade eligability it will be two years starting from when she gets the phone. Not tagged onto her existing contract.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rospamenator View Post
    What exactly are the side effects of buying a new iPhone 4 through AT&T? I've heard that it means that you're locked into a two-year contract. Do those two years go on top of whatever contract you already had, or does it simply mean that two years from now, your contract will be up?
    Also, I've heard that if you're an AT&T customer, you're allowed to buy two phones per person. Is this true?

And finally (sorry for all the questions, LOL!), would this only work with an AT&T customer who already has an iPhone, or could it work with someone who has a different phone? Would they force my friend to sign up for a data plan as well?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You can only buy one phone per line. You're friend could upgrade to an iPhone depending on he eligability but he will have to get a data plan.