Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: DisplayController in settings? What is That?

Default DisplayController in settings? What is That?
    Recently updates to IoS4 and noticed I installed things from Cydia and something came in Settings. DISPLAYCONTROLLER.
    Any one noticed that and what dos it do ?
    Any way to remove it if it does nothing?

Got it too, doknow wft it is, anyone ???

same here....what is that.....

nope no one knows.........

I also have Display Controller in my settings. Anyone tried messing with the two switches? I tried playing around with both and nothing seemed to change.

I guess it's either Circuitous: com.zimm.circuitous OR libdisplaystack: com.zimm.libdisplaystack.

DisplayController appeared after I installed those 2 apps.

I don't know what it does.

You can ask the developer what it does on Twitter: Dan Zimmerman (DanZimm) on Twitter
    Last edited by El Zippo; 07-04-2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Corrected typo and links.
    El Zippo

Yes, it's part of libdisplaystack, which is a manager for the 'stack' that holds each apps' display windows. This important feature is made up similarly to Backgrounder - and based on know-how gained from making Backgrounder.

The name `DisplayController` will probably be changed to more reflect it's usage.

Of the two switches you see there, the first one will control whether or not to apply the second switch. The second switch only controls whether the displaystack uses the normal animations while switching app windows to the top of the stack.

You should notice it the change in animations from something to nothing (the next window just flashes into place). We'll have the dev (zimm) make some changes so this whole thing makes a bit more sense.

Optimo @ thebigboss.org

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to optimo For This Useful Post:

El Zippo (07-10-2010), Smokamoto (07-13-2010), zoblue (07-27-2010)