+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Faves and Hates of iOS 4

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Agreed unified inbox is great!!!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 884 Posts

Agreed unified inbox is great!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lthornton View Post
    I love the HD video! Unbelievable how great the video is. The feel is different, I will get used to it, on the older phones, I could tell which side was front versus the new one being flat on both sides. Over all I love this new phone! Can't wait to get MyWi on it -
    are you aware of the difference between the iphone 4 and iOS4?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,844 Times in 878 Posts

For the guy that suggest a kill all feature for multitasking. I believe the way apple emplents multi tasking it wouldn't matter what is down there a good majority of them are just "recents" I notice no battery or performance issue with never deleting anything from multitasking bar.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

pvm3355 (07-05-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pvm3355 View Post
    Id like to see a "Kill all apps" icon like the Experia can, it would save time clicking all the apps individually to shut them down
    For those wondering if there is a way to "kill apps" running in the background, well there is. I'm not sure if this is Common knowledge or if this has been noted by anyone yet, but I'll share anyways...

I found out how to do this yesterday while playing Monopoly while trying to regain my sanity due to my nieces and nephews forcing us to watch the disney channel on the 4th after we went swimming because while playing Monopoly it kept telling me "Low Memory, your game has been saved" and I kept saying to myself "the damn phone has 512MB of memory how in the hell are you running low?".

If you want to kill apps running in the background here is how you would do this;

1) First, double click the home button, this will bring up your Multitasking list of Apps that are running.

2) Next, hold one of the Icons in the Multitasking tray until they wiggle (just as if you were going to delete apps on your main page or move them around).

3) Next, tap on the red badge with the white stripe and this will close the app and free up memory, speed up your phone and kill the app.

I hope this help's and if this was common knowledge, well then it never hurts to have it noted again for those who may had missed it during an earlier post.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
    For those wondering if there is a way to "kill apps" running in the background, well there is. I'm not sure if this is Common knowledge or if this has been noted by anyone yet, but I'll share anyways...

I found out how to do this yesterday while playing Monopoly while trying to regain my sanity due to my nieces and nephews forcing us to watch the disney channel on the 4th after we went swimming because while playing Monopoly it kept telling me "Low Memory, your game has been saved" and I kept saying to myself "the damn phone has 512MB of memory how in the hell are you running low?".

If you want to kill apps running in the background here is how you would do this;

1) First, double click the home button, this will bring up your Multitasking list of Apps that are running.

2) Next, hold one of the Icons in the Multitasking tray until they wiggle (just as if you were going to delete apps on your main page or move them around).

3) Next, tap on the red badge with the white stripe and this will close the app and free up memory, speed up your phone and kill the app.

I hope this help's and if this was common knowledge, well then it never hurts to have it noted again for those who may had missed it during an earlier post.
    Yes, that works, but it's a poor implementation on Apple's part. Having something 10 swipes deep on the quicklaunch is stupid.

On a different note, has anyone else noticed issues with the phone going to lockscreen when you are in a text message? For example, I kept my phone's auto-lock feature set at 1 minute and it works fine for everything except the native text messaging. Anytime I have a text open and i set it down, the phone doesn't auto-lock for 5 minutes (timed it multiple times). Anyone else noticing this issue?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
    wiggle
    hehehe you said wiggle :b
    EDM

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm not sure if it's for all devices running ios4 or just the iPhone 4, but I like that when I send a message and it doesn't go thru all the way, there's a little "!" at the top of the "messages" icon. It's alot better to see that then to get pissed off thinking someone didn't respond to a text, when it just never went thru in the first place.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't have the iPhone 4 yet but upgraded my 3Gs to the iOS4 and what I don't care for is the folders. 12 app limit and also the way they look once the apps are in there.

The multitasking is cool but hate going back all of the time making sure my apps are closed to save on memory and battery life....

Hate the graphic for the new calculator as well.

The camera is nice.... now we need a flash for it Apple!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    hehehe you said wiggle :b
    lol....

@joey, thats probably just your signal because my iPhone 4 w/ the iOS4 runs fine and sends all of my messages.

@thetooth, I'm with you on the folders. I'm ok with there only being 12 apps/folder but I do not like the fact the amount of folders you can have, I have 92 apps on my 16g iPhone and they all fit in the folders but I know I'll run out of folders soon due to the arbitrary limit set by apple. Also, I wish they gave an option to choose the style of the icon for the folders as well as the background of the folders.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Thanks

i like the zoom on the camera and mail so i can have access to all my email accounts-don't really dislike anything on ios4-i have a 3g for now-hopefull when i get an ip4,most of the problems will be fixed
    myiphonerocks-doesyours?

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the Folders and I dislike the Dev support for there apps and I am talking about the paid ones!

I guess the update to iso4 is a tought one a lot more complicated!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I hate that there still isn't a proper scroll bar in safari
    Did you notice the new speed-scrolling in Safari though? If you keep scrolling fast, it picks up the pace and loses "friction" so it starts sliding a lot faster.

Thanks

I don't like how double tapping the home button is automatically linked to the multitasking, and can't be changed without disabling multitasking.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123