+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do you give someone a jailbroken iphone and have them use it as-is? PLEASE HELP !!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi ... I want to restore my phone and jailbreak it and then give it to my friend in jailbreak mode. How can I do that if he has to
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default How do you give someone a jailbroken iphone and have them use it as-is? PLEASE HELP !!
    Hi ... I want to restore my phone and jailbreak it and then give it to my friend in jailbreak mode. How can I do that if he has to obviously sync to his itunes once the phone is his ?

Wouldn't it just wipe the jailbreak ?

Confused how people on Ebay do this & Sell jailbroken iphones if its just gonna be factory eventually after it's synced.

Thanks for the advice !!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone dangerousandre's Avatar
    Thanks

You can always unlock it so he can just pop in his sim card.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you unlock it.... Wouldn't it wipe when itunes syncs? I've never unlocked a phone bc I have AT&T but i've jailbroken a million times. Would it wipe when the new person syncs for the first time to their computer? I can't remember

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a 2g iphone I was letting a friend borrow for a few days because she got hers wet, but because the 2g requires a sync to iTunes when you put another sim in (and subsequently requires a feature/package change within iTunes to her AT&T account) I just unlocked and jailbroke it. I restored it as new, brought it back up, then used RedSn0w to unlock and jailbreak it.

So yes, you can do it. Just make sure that you jailbreak and unlock it so you don't have to re-tether to iTunes. After that you CAN sync your information.