+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Looking to backup everything... please help.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm selling my 3gs here soon before I get the new iphone 4 and need to make sure that everything is backed up. All my songs and apps are obviously
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Looking to backup everything... please help.
    I'm selling my 3gs here soon before I get the new iphone 4 and need to make sure that everything is backed up.

All my songs and apps are obviously saved under itunes so basically once I plug in my new iphone 4 I just hit sync and all my old songs and apps are trasferred to the new phone correct?

Another question is how I sync contacts I know it is saved on my sim card but doesn't the new iphone use a smaller sim card? How do I get these contacts transferred?

THanks GUys!

Green Apple
    Thanks

You can sync your contacts and calendar info to your computer, so that when you get your new phone you can just put them right back on.

You have to manually put your songs back on, which isn't very difficult if you just have all your songs on iTunes on your iPhone as well or if you use those checkmarks.

From my understanding a micro sim is the same thing as a regular sim card, only that it is just smaller. That's it. So there should be no issues with that.