+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help i just lost my 3gs

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I just lost my 3gs ans is already in someone's posession because the phone was on when I lost it with 90% battery life. The phone is now off. I
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Help i just lost my 3gs
    I just lost my 3gs ans is already in someone's posession because the phone was on when I lost it with 90% battery life. The phone is now off.

I also had it passcode protected and I think that if you enter the wrong code 10 times something happens but I forgot what it was. Does the phone erase all information? Or does it simply turn itself off?

Can the person who recoverred it get access to my phone's personal information?

Any tips on what I can do. I'm very bummed out and pissed off at myself for losing it!!!

What happens if they insert another sim card. Would they be able to use my phone and have access to my info?

Please help!!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well I doubt anyone wants your information. They'll simply just restore it and sell it on Craigslist.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Bleezy View Post
    Well I doubt anyone wants your information. They'll simply just restore it and sell it on Craigslist.
    that is such a non-definitive answer for the poor guy whos freaking out because he lost his iPhone.

as far as your iphone goes man, sorry to hear it.
    but dont worry, if it was locked with a passcode nobody can access your information at all whatsoever. they will, however, simply restore your iPhone (which will erase all information) to the current software and will likely still be able to make calls thereafter. so what i would do if i were you is call at&t and suspend your line immediately so they wont be able to place phone calls.

good luck
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ForumSnoBorderRK For This Useful Post:

allanes5 (06-20-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

what about using ssh to get into it? Can't they retrieve information that way, even if it's locked?

Thanks

how did you lose it? that sucks man, my phones already grown to be a part of me, i know where it is at all times lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bobright For This Useful Post:

allanes5 (06-21-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I thought if you had a passcode lock and a thief attempted to restore it with a computer other than the one it's synced with, the restore would fail unless the passcode lock was provided. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

have att blacklist it. no one will be able to use it.

Twitter: @tshoults

iPhone? More like MyPhone sunshinejenn03's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    have att blacklist it. no one will be able to use it.
    I've been told that doesn't work. A friend of mine lost his iPhone and AT&T wouldn't do anything except say "sorry, nothing we can do." He asked if they could could brick the phone permanently through the IMEI (or anything) and they said no way jose. He ended up buying a new phone at full price.

And why would they? That's one less potential phone on their network. Totally sucks though.

The OP is asking if after ten tries of entering an incorrect passcode wipes the phone and I believe the answer is yes, but only if you have that feature turned on, I think. So your information should be safe.

Thanks

apple will blacklist it though.

Twitter: @tshoults

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    how did you lose it? that sucks man, my phones already grown to be a part of me, i know where it is at all times lol
    LMAO at this post, and coincidentally my user title!

about phone being blacklisted dont think they can

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Europa View Post
    I thought if you had a passcode lock and a thief attempted to restore it with a computer other than the one it's synced with, the restore would fail unless the passcode lock was provided. Can anyone confirm this?
    If you boot the phone in recovery mode, you can restore.

and if the OP's phone was j/b'n you can remove the password, without restoring it.

But theres not that many people that know about that method, so you should be fine. I'm really sorry to hear about your situation man, i've been there before, thats why i made the plunge for mobileme.

and it wont get blacklisted.. even if you complain, they will tell you they are blacklisting it, and they wont. To be honest they don't care. Someone stole your phone, they will sell your phone, and eventually someone will have an itunes account linked to that phone, which means more money for apple. And they assume you will buy another iPhone your self, so thats more money for apple again.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

Europa (08-06-2010)