+ Reply
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How to improve my battery life

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My battery life sucks! It's worse then my BlackBerry. What can I do to improve battery life? I have wifi on, obviously it's off when I am not in an
...
  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default How to improve my battery life
    My battery life sucks! It's worse then my BlackBerry. What can I do to improve battery life? I have wifi on, obviously it's off when I am not in an area with wifi. Bluetooth is always off, I can't seem to figure out what else to turn off.

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,021
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 115 Times in 112 Posts

    Need a little more information. 2g? 3g? 3gs? Its bad when on standby? Its bad when on the internet? Do you text a lot? (vibrate kills the battery fast) Is your screen brightness all the way up? Jailbroke? What apps do you have downloaded from cydia? What firmware was the last you set up as new phone?

  3. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I apologize. 3GS, It's bad all together, I rarely use the net, I am a text whore. Screen brightness is at 50%, I have a few apps installed but not running. It is Jailbroke and I have winterboard, irealSMS and sb (something), phone is charging so I can't get the actual name. I will unplug the phone and do nothing but text and with in 2 hours it will be 20% left. It's aggravating.

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    241
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 26 Times in 19 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by brettxw View Post
    I apologize. 3GS, It's bad all together, I rarely use the net, I am a text whore. Screen brightness is at 50%, I have a few apps installed but not running. It is Jailbroke and I have winterboard, irealSMS and sb (something), phone is charging so I can't get the actual name. I will unplug the phone and do nothing but text and with in 2 hours it will be 20% left. It's aggravating.


    Get rid of winterboard and iReal. I know iReal is cool and all but os4.0 is here and you wont need it anymore. They are definately draining your battery big time, ESPECIALLY if you don't use them correctly. Also, I would really like to see a list of every app you have installed through cydia. And the majority of the day do you have full service? Or are you in an area with very low service? Att or tmobile?

  5. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,021
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 115 Times in 112 Posts

    That does sound pretty bad. Do you have sounds and vibrate on for texting? Sb something im guessing is sb setting where you swipe the status bar and a drop down menu drops. When you do that push the "processes" button and what does it say? If you purchased it within a year you can take it to apple and maybe get a new one.

  6. #6
    Dad rumcajs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago/Bialystok
    Posts
    6,512
    Thanks
    11,583
    Thanked 16,731 Times in 4,446 Posts

    disable any HTML wallpapers that are maybe running in winterboard-check your themes if you have any,turn off push notifications

  7. #7
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    Get rid of winterboard and iReal. I know iReal is cool and all but os4.0 is here and you wont need it anymore. They are definately draining your battery big time, ESPECIALLY if you don't use them correctly. Also, I would really like to see a list of every app you have installed through cydia. And the majority of the day do you have full service? Or are you in an area with very low service? Att or tmobile?
    Get rid of Winterboard??? Oh man, I really like that app. I can easily get rid of iReal, I did not know os4 will have that feature so that is good to know. The apps I have installed from Cydia are iReal, Winterboard, SBsettings. I am on AT&T and have decent coverage, 95% of the time Im in areas that have coverage. I do notice I get the "E" some times.

    Quote Originally Posted by ianbroste View Post
    That does sound pretty bad. Do you have sounds and vibrate on for texting? Sb something im guessing is sb setting where you swipe the status bar and a drop down menu drops. When you do that push the "processes" button and what does it say? If you purchased it within a year you can take it to apple and maybe get a new one.
    Yes, SBsettings. I click processes and kill the processes that are running. Usually they are phone, messages and safari.

    Quote Originally Posted by rumcajs View Post
    disable any HTML wallpapers that are maybe running in winterboard-check your themes if you have any,turn off push notifications
    I forgot to multiquote the person who mentioned vibration for SMS..I am going to disable that and hopefully I will see a difference.

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Do you have HapticPro? That would be a major drain if you're texting a lot. Winterboard isn't bad if you just have static background and icons. It's only a problem if you have changing backgrounds or video.

  9. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 28 Times in 11 Posts

    Maybe try turning off Location services too if you have it on. I noticed that helped with mine when I turned it off.

  10. #10
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    ya winterboard drains the battery up
    if you want
    you can buy a new battery
    open the iphone
    and replace it with a bigger capacity

    my friend did this to his iphone 3g
    the only problemt is that the software still thinks it is using the regular capacity rather than the bigger

  11. #11
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Here are a few tips:
    1. Turn Off Keyboard Clicks Sound
    2. Disable Background App Refresh
    3. Turn off the Parallax Effect/Animations
    4. Turn off Wifi/Bluetooth/Airdrop
    5. Disable Location Services
    6. Close Running Apps in the Background
    7. Remove the App Garbage Files by CleanMyPhone

  12. #12
    What's Jailbreak? Evil_Psychotron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Apps don't run in the background. The multi-tasking just shows recently used apps.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts