Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What are my recommended steps prior to selling my iPhone 3G?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default What are my recommended steps prior to selling my iPhone 3G?
    Now that I have my iPhone 4 pre-ordered, I need to get rid of my 3G. It is currently not unlocked (to my knowledge), but it is jailbroken. What steps should I take before listing my phone for sale on eBay to ensure none of my data is on the phone, and to get maximum value out of it? Is there any easy way to reset it to factory settings? Is there an easy way to unlock it (I'm assuming this will add value)? Thanks in advance.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

yeh id just do a restore with itunes and set up asa new phone dont sync it. than jailbreak and unlock if you can. Also keep your sim card.
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Is there an easy utility available for unlocking? And I assume blackra1n is still a good option for jailbreaking?

Thanks

well im just saying if you have the new baseband you cant unlock. id use what ever you used last time. also dont let itunes update and restore because you will get the new bas band that can not be unlocked. but if it can be just use ultra snow via cydia. but i found that you need to have the sim you want to unlock in the phone. good luck. and i will be joining every one for the iphone 4 party as well

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I've only jailbroken, never unlocked, so I'm not familiar with the unlocking process or "baseband" - don't know what that is.

Thanks

go to settings and then general than about and scroll down. Im only saying if you can set it up for an unlock or have a baseband that can be unlocked you should. More money for you if you have an older 3g. but seeing the noob ness its prob not. GOOD LUCK CHEERS!