Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: $5,000.00 deposit!

Default $5,000.00 deposit!
    So if you read my other posts (in this forum) from today you see that I had to go into an AT&T store to get my iPhone 4 ordered (again see other threads.)

I got to the store around 4PM, not very crowded (surprised!)...but had about a 20 minute wait before I was next in line. Finally got called by a girl and was with her for almost an hour because AT&T's system kept crashing down every other minute. Next thing I know my credit comes back requiring a $5,000.00 security deposit! I was like WTF? I've never required a security deposit before and am always approved for like 4-5 lines. So she had to call credit department and they manually overrided it and put it at $0 but they insisted that it was not an error...yeah right! Then when it came down to payment the system went down AGAIN so she said "**** it" and did it manually.

So next Thursday I can just walk right into the store (bypassing any lines) and get my new toy.

Good luck to all...you'll need it hehe.

doubt it. anything after 1pm prolly won't arrive until July. word is...at&t sold 4 times more preorders than they were allotted to be shipped.

That's BS man, stop spreading lies. Anything ordered by a certain time by the 22nd is promised for 24th receive date.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Count Tracula View Post
    doubt it. anything after 1pm prolly won't arrive until July. word is...at&t sold 4 times more preorders than they were allotted to be shipped.
    Good thing nobody gives a sh!t about your lying doubts.

Lol, you order after 1pm you get it in july, order at 12:59 get it june 24th. Why order after 1 when you can wait till the next day and do it at noon.

Save your moronic "word on the street is..." for another forum.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shockster For This Useful Post:

iAMAPC (06-23-2010)

lol, you children are funny. check StealthBravo's tweets, thats where I got my information. don't be too emotional about your new iphones. lol. **** works the way it works no matter how you hope it works.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    So if you read my other posts (in this forum) from today you see that I had to go into an AT&T store to get my iPhone 4 ordered (again see other threads.)

I got to the store around 4PM, not very crowded (surprised!)...but had about a 20 minute wait before I was next in line. Finally got called by a girl and was with her for almost an hour because AT&T's system kept crashing down every other minute. Next thing I know my credit comes back requiring a $5,000.00 security deposit! I was like WTF? I've never required a security deposit before and am always approved for like 4-5 lines. So she had to call credit department and they manually overrided it and put it at $0 but they insisted that it was not an error...yeah right! Then when it came down to payment the system went down AGAIN so she said "**** it" and did it manually.

So next Thursday I can just walk right into the store (bypassing any lines) and get my new toy.

Good luck to all...you'll need it hehe.
    Who at AT&T told you that you can just walk right into the store and bypass the lines?

Dude if you have already pre-ordered for store pickup why would you wait in line? The line is only for people buying at that time. The manager told me to just walk in past the line and come up to the counter lol.

Furthermore about this rumor that count started...from AT&T's website 1 minute ago...

"

Pre-orders for iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS 8G will be processed to arrive as early as June 24, 2010, if submitted by 2 p.m. ET, June 22, 2010. The actual shipment date and receipt of your order is not guaranteed and may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes.

Additional items added to the cart at the time of your pre-order may ship separately depending on availability.

All pre-orders taken online are handled on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note, your credit card will be charged at time of shipment. If using a debit card, funds in the amount of this purchase may be immediately held and not available for other use. Debit card transactions may not appear in your account until after shipment.

Customers adding a new FamilyTalk plan: The iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS 8G cannot be pre-ordered with in-stock phones. Please use separate shopping carts for pre-order and in-stock phones."

well that certainly clears it up lol

Honestly I don't think anyone knows anything about what they are telling people. What happened to all the press about how Apple was "mass producing" the iPhone 4 for production? How in Gods name could they sell out within a few hours on pre-order day when the servers were crashing on both AT&T and Apple online not to mention all the problems at the store?

If this is true this is not going to be good new for either company. Google will sit back and laugh it's *** off...

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude if you have already pre-ordered for store pickup why would you wait in line? The line is only for people buying at that time. The manager told me to just walk in past the line and come up to the counter lol.

Furthermore about this rumor that count started...from AT&T's website 1 minute ago...

"

Pre-orders for iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS 8G will be processed to arrive as early as June 24, 2010, if submitted by 2 p.m. ET, June 22, 2010. The actual shipment date and receipt of your order is not guaranteed and may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes.

Additional items added to the cart at the time of your pre-order may ship separately depending on availability.

All pre-orders taken online are handled on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note, your credit card will be charged at time of shipment. If using a debit card, funds in the amount of this purchase may be immediately held and not available for other use. Debit card transactions may not appear in your account until after shipment.

Customers adding a new FamilyTalk plan: The iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS 8G cannot be pre-ordered with in-stock phones. Please use separate shopping carts for pre-order and in-stock phones."
    Well first of all that pretty littl gal, if your lucky, is going to activate your phone for you!!

"and completion of other required AT&T business processes"

I might be wrong, want be the first nor the last, and I hope you are right!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 06-15-2010 at 07:01 PM.

Honestly I don't think anyone knows anything about what they are telling people. What happened to all the press about how Apple was "mass producing" the iPhone 4 for production? How in Gods name could they sell out within a few hours on pre-order day when the servers were crashing on both AT&T and Apple online not to mention all the problems at the store?

If this is true this is not going to be good new for either company. Google will sit back and laugh it's *** off...
    Why would Google laugh it's *** off? Why would it really care. Basically the iPhone 4 is in such high demand that it took down two major servers. Didn't see an Android phone do that. And tough to hide sales numbers that Apple pulls unlike Sprint tried to do with Evo.