Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
06-15-2010, 03:09 PM #1
The Official iOS 4.0 Compatibility List!
The Official iOS 4.0 Compatibility List
4.0 is here, and no doubt, we jailbreakers are going to have more than a few hiccups when the time comes to upgrade. Major OS overhauls always threaten compatibility issues, especially with MobileSubstrate extensions, and some projects get left behind or forgotten about by their developers who don't release the source. While this list might not iron out those issues, it should help us to figure out which of our apps and extensions we can safely install post-upgrade. It can also help some of us who rely on certain extensions to decide when it is worth it to upgrade based on which packages have been made compatible.
Already compatible - self-explanatory. Considered by developer to be stable enough to release publicly with 4.0 compatibility. Contact individual developers for known bugs or to report one.
Partially compatible - should run without immediate safe mode or force close, but has some issues that prevent full functionality
Not compatible - app/extension does not may run/load to an extent, but core functionality is not working. Also if app/extension does not run/load at all or causes safe mode
* (asterisk) - the developer has publicly stated he/she is working on 4.0 compatibility
Last updated by n00neimp0rtant on July 25 at 2:07 AM EST.
- Please scroll down to the bottom of this list for an important note on status bar icons.
- 4.0 jailbreak for all devices is imminent. Even if you've already got a jailbroken device on 4.0, this will enable many Cydia developers to finally update their extensions; namely @chpwn and @Sakurina. Release information will be available from @comex and @iH8snow.
- MMi Member "MC SE7EN" has released a package on Cydia called "Features (for iPod 2G)" that adds multitasking and wallpapers to the iPod touch 2G and iPhone 3G.
- According to a tweet from the iSoft team on June 25, all of their products are now discontinued. This includes QuickBoard, QuickSMS, QuickCalendar, QuickWidgets, etc. They will never be updated for iOS 4, and they no longer provide support beyond license transfer between devices.
- 20-Second Lock Screen
- 60-Second Lock Screen
- 3G Unrestrictor - some apps don't unrestrict, like YouTube
- Activator* - center of screen "dies" after a double-wide status bar opens (phone call, tethering, voice memos recording); issue is known and fixed, but not released yet
- aDownloader* - reboot after install
- Advanced Preferences
- AndroidLock XT*
- atube Downloader
- Auto Shutdown
- Auto Silent
- Backgrounder - fully-working beta available, has great new 4.0 features including "auto-detect" to background apps that don't natively support it
- Battery Control
- BossPaper - kills multitasking bar
- BTstack - appears to be working just fine
- CallMe - better iOS 4 support but still some blank icons
- CategoriesSB - make sure to disable horizontal scrolling
- Cydia - works fine but seems to crash a lot
- Cyntact[/B] - works for me, others having issues
- Desktop/SMS Background
- Dim Delay
- dTunes - no torrent support
- Exchange Unlock
- Find In Page - "SP 3.0 version" apparently works
- Five-Column SpringBoard* - crashes to Safe Mode, even after uninstalling. To fix without restoring, uninstall IconSupport from Cydia
- Five-Icon Dock
- FontSwap - app works/downloads fonts, and can install all fonts EXCEPT system fonts
- FrostBite (get from Sakurina's site, not Cydia)
- GlovePod - sometimes doesn't change tracks
- GPS Serial
- GriP - only the You've Got Mail extension works
- GV Mobile (+)
- HapticPro* - fully works, except does not respect the "Key Released" toggle in settings. if "Key Pressed" is turned on, phone will vibe on both press AND release regardless of "Key Released" toggle
- iBooks - not sure what this "issue" everyone is talking about actually is, but apparently it is fixed if you jailbreak with PwnageTool 4.1
- iBlank - fully compatible now, comes with Winterboard theme to remove icon shadows
- Icon Harvester
- IconSupport* - automatically installed with some SB tweaks. Must uninstall, along with the tweak itself, to get out of eternal Safe Mode
- iFile - locks up when editing text/plist file
- not sure how to file this one. Some reports of phone getting completely stuck and requiring restore; others just fine
- Insomnia Pro
- iRealSMS - beta is working
- iRemix* - issues with Favorites
- iTransformToiPod - breaks multitasking bar
- iWep Pro
- LockInfo - works with stock plugins, Twitter, Things, WeatherIcon
- Lockscreen Clock Hide
- Lock Calendar
- Longitude - appears to only update at device boot, not on intervals; Longitude2 apparently coming soon
- MakeItMine - updated to change fake time correctly; fake time still shows with no service
- Maps Enhancer
- MobileMusicPlayer Flip
- MobileTerminal - version in Cydia does not work; google search for manual install working version
- MultiIconMover - does not work on folders or icons within folders, but doesn't crash
- Music Controls* - may not include status bar controls
- My3G* - may not work with YouTube app
- MyWi (old version) - upgrade to 4.0 version at a discounted price
- MyWi 4.0
- No Album Artwork (NoAA)
- Notifier - see note at bottom
- PBJ Time
- PhotoShare Web
- Pirni Pro
- Popup Blocker
- PreferenceLoader - IMPORTANT NOTE: Please test compatibility with individual preference panes now that PreferenceLoader has been updated for 4.0. (version 2.0.2-1)
- Push Doctor
- QuickReply for SMS
- QuickScroll 2 - crashes with triple tap
- Recent Call Log Delete
- Reflective Dock - redundant package; 4.0 supports reflective dock
- Remove Recents
- Rename II - respring to see changes
- RMF Glebo Edition
- Rotation Inhibitor - may not display Photos in landscape, even if rotation is enabled
- Safari Download Manager*
- Safari Download Plugin - if you have an app installed that supports the file extension, the native "Open In..." plugin will override; see here
- Safari Tab Closer* - crashes Safari
- SBRotator - working build now available but still many bugs remaining
- SBSettings - VERY mixed reports on compatibility with issues including but not limited to: can only be opened on home screen, phone toggle doesn't display icon, does not open without Activator; may crash when adjusting brightness...
- SBSettings Autolock Toggle
- SBSettings Calculator Widget
- SBSettings Close Button Widget
- SBSettings HapticPro Toggle
- SBSettings Ringer/Silent Toggle - shows that it is "muting" but doesn't actually work
- SBSettings Syslog Toggle
- SBSettings UAFaker Toggle - resprings on toggle
- SBSettings VPN Toggle
- SBSettings Tether Toggle
- SBSettings Tethering Toggle
- SBSilent Toggle
- Screen Recorder - sometimes stops recording randomly
- Shrink - some issues with folders
- Six-Icon Dock
- SmartScreen - certain widgets like Mail do not work
- snes4iphone - Wiimote support works, install BTstack
- SnowCover Pro
- SpotBright - I would stay away from this package in general since IconSupport adds the hidden icons feature into Spotlight, and dev hasn't updated it/fixed current bugs in forever
- SpringBack - mixed reports, please confirm either way
- Stupid Laws
- Supreme Preferences 3.0 - loads fine and most features work except for those changed by iOS 4
- SysInfoPlus - occasionally gives false information
- Toggle SSH
- ToneFX* - works with all but MMS and Camera tones, does not shuffle ringtones
- TV Out - landscape broken
- Universal Search
- USB Drive
- Video Recorder 3G
- Voicemail Forwarder
- Volume Boost
- VolumeButtonExtender - completely disables volume buttons
- WeatherIcon* - crashing SpringBoard for some people when set to change icon
- WiFi Sync
- WiggleFree - icons wiggle until touched
- Wiimote Music Controls - update BTstack
- Window Planar
- Winterboard* - .png themes disabled in some apps like Facebook and YouTube; sound themes seem to be unaffected
- YourTube - downloads videos correctly, but only plays audio
Note on Status Bar Icons: iOS 4 changed the way apps set status bar icons. Because of this, most apps in Cydia that set status bar icons were broken, including both the popular StatusNotifier and Notifier extensions. However, a new package from Intelliborn for status bar icon support has been released that can fix some compatibility. While StatusNotifier is completely broken and causes Safe Mode, Notifier works pretty well with this support package.
Since it can be a bit confusing to ensure you have the correct packages installed, I have uploaded a package to Cydia that will install the correct ones and uninstall the ones that aren't. To install it, open up Safari on your iPhone and type the following URL:
Or, if you're on your iPhone, tap this link. This will open Cydia right to the package so you can install it. It comes with a theme to change the icons back to the StatusNotifier ones. There are a few issues with this solution; namely, the "silent" icon will stick either on or off depending on how the switch was set on respring, icons will not theme in some apps like Facebook, and some apps (apparently those running under user "root" like Cydia, iFile, etc.) disable it completely (along with other MobileSubstrate extensions). But it does work about 90%-95% of the time and is nice as at least a temporary solution.
There is another list that must have been posted at LEAST 5 times in this thread of a Google Docs spreadsheet with compatibility reports. I have examined the whole list and integrated the reports in this list; however, I am not watching changes to that list nearly as close as I am this thread. Also, I am not linking it in this post because it has reports of piracy-related packages which you all should know by now are NOT ALLOWED on ModMyI. Please, if you want to see your report in THIS list, post it in THIS thread. Thank you.
I strongly encourage the ModMyI community to help contribute by posting and tips or new information in this thread, and I also invite moderators and administrators to edit this post to keep this list up-to-date. But if your tip happens to be about a package from a source that contains "ulous" or "ellize," don't bother.
Looking for a better way to say "Thanks" than just clicking the button? Download my new iPhone app from the App Store, Nearby, and tap a few of the iAds! I appreciate it all!
The Following 136 Users Say Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:
*i* (07-09-2010), 6ty9er (07-21-2010), aajgar (08-04-2010), Aldog18 (08-05-2010), alexes559 (09-01-2010), allanes5 (08-16-2010), Archez (07-09-2010), ariel22 (08-12-2010), banilla16 (07-05-2010), basmati (07-05-2010), bblaser68 (08-02-2010), bcclegg (06-26-2010), bettik (10-04-2010), bgattis (06-25-2010), bllewisii (06-26-2010), Blue (07-06-2010), Borischan (08-06-2010), brainjfk (08-05-2010), brewmaster (08-20-2010), cachehog (08-28-2010), cainy393 (07-10-2010), carloqt (08-03-2010), cbyerley (08-05-2010), CelsoSC (07-01-2010), chiaotzu (07-14-2010), chrisangel13 (06-24-2010), chuchomtz (06-23-2010), claire223w (07-18-2010), cmone321 (08-03-2010), Crypton (09-06-2010), Davemate (10-01-2010), DA_GHOST (08-04-2010), die glocke (08-06-2010), diggie2002 (07-08-2010), doldis77 (08-13-2010), donza (07-27-2010), dthomp22 (08-03-2010), ebonyx99 (07-13-2010), Eciruam (07-09-2010), EddieLeonard (08-09-2010), eligio654 (07-14-2010), Elsl (07-21-2010), ewokcwalk (08-04-2010), freakofsociety (07-04-2010), funpak7 (10-02-2010), Gambit_Rah (07-18-2010), gavaudan (06-30-2010), Gods' Gift (08-10-2010), grobot (12-02-2010), gunsnbabes (08-07-2010), Halten77 (07-07-2010), HeavyD4 (08-03-2010), igoslo (08-05-2010), iMaC 74 (06-25-2010), Indy_chris (07-03-2010), iphilz (07-16-2010), ironbesterer (06-23-2010), It's Mi (06-30-2010), jackrel (10-28-2010), JaNiBoY (07-29-2010), jellofosho (07-16-2010), jkmonkey (07-03-2010), jordanemmet (06-22-2010), kaB00M (06-28-2010), kadinh (08-05-2010), Kage25x (09-02-2010), Keon (08-03-2010), KidPoetic (07-10-2010), kminatta (07-28-2010), koibito01 (08-07-2010), kp10708 (06-22-2010), kymotosis (08-06-2010), LGgeek (07-23-2010), Lilalaune (06-23-2010), Lovebirdparakeet (07-21-2010), Lovely4Twenty (07-12-2010), macleod1976 (05-08-2011), mosesh (07-06-2010), mujuro (08-06-2010), nerddownthestreet (07-11-2010), never_finish (06-29-2010), Nintendo Tim (07-25-2010), Nips_19 (06-24-2010), Nokia1202 (10-16-2010), nomercy413 (08-09-2010), NozzyEz (08-11-2010), owais123 (07-01-2010), OXxDiStUrBeDxXO (08-02-2010), Peetpeet (07-25-2010), prosperot (07-05-2010), PuppyPR (06-23-2010), qmega (06-30-2010), rainmaker0302 (06-25-2010), randy_c (07-12-2010), Ray661 (08-10-2010), realisticmind1 (08-02-2010), reanimationxp (06-23-2010), reaves205 (06-22-2010), Red-Blitz (07-03-2010), rhino_81 (07-16-2010), ribadiya (04-10-2011), risingkazuya05 (07-07-2010), riverratt (08-16-2010), rockness724 (08-03-2010), roneraven (08-13-2010), rubenmer5 (08-02-2010), s4boost (06-15-2010), Salival (07-10-2010), scooby4 (06-30-2010), sekrit (06-22-2010), seven77 (08-11-2010), small_mask (07-03-2010), soopermarii0 (07-23-2010), soulman99 (08-03-2010), soundisgood (10-21-2010), speedmerchant (06-29-2010), SuGaRLiCiOuS (08-03-2010), svenni00 (02-25-2011), Tamkis (09-04-2010), tecpunk64 (06-29-2010), thevmax (06-30-2010), Timtacious (09-06-2010), ToastyBread (07-27-2010), Trooper Sam (07-16-2010), UTPharmer (08-03-2010), vercetti (07-14-2010), Vi3tster (06-26-2010), White2010 (07-11-2010), whsnnnd (06-30-2010), wim66 (06-23-2010), Windmeel (06-22-2010), wstcoast (08-14-2010), x453252 (09-24-2010), x| LiB |x (06-23-2010), youngunn (07-08-2010), zausser (06-22-2010)
06-15-2010, 04:25 PM #2
Lockinfo works, I been using it for a few days now.
The Following User Says Thank You to smeeshum For This Useful Post:
06-15-2010, 06:03 PM #3
06-15-2010, 10:36 PM #4
Sbsettings installed fine but can't get seem to launch it via swiping the status bar
06-15-2010, 11:10 PM #5
06-15-2010, 11:25 PM #6
Great list. I will try to help
The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:
06-15-2010, 11:27 PM #7
Thanks =] just added Music Controls to the list, phoenix-dev just announced 4.0 plans and a possible "pro" version
(Speaking of Music Controls, and off-topic, I know, but wouldn't it be awesome if there was an iPhone case with built-in media control buttons right below the volume buttons? It just makes so much sense and it's totally possible! Mophie should jump on this idea and integrate them in the juice pack for iPhone 4 =])
06-15-2010, 11:34 PM #8
Yes the devs are working hard to get their apps updated. I wish they wouldnt have all been against jailbreaking the betas or we might have had more progress by now
06-15-2010, 11:34 PM #9
06-15-2010, 11:37 PM #10
06-15-2010, 11:42 PM #11
yep, its annoying. congrats on 1000 btw
The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:
06-17-2010, 01:53 PM #12
20sec lock and flashlight both work fine
06-17-2010, 02:10 PM #13
Fontswap works, as for SBSettings, is it really working? When I installed it, i tried swapping but nothing came up.iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08
06-17-2010, 02:18 PM #14
Keep up the good work people!
06-17-2010, 02:53 PM #15
I tryed sbsettings and it works you just need to install activator too, thats why some of you cant drag it down...the only bug i found with sbsettings is when you hit processes the little wheel spins then crashes and goes to the lockscreen then you need to reboot for the activator section in settings to show up again
06-17-2010, 04:37 PM #16
I reached out to SpiritOfLogic to see what PwnTunes and iRealSMS compatibility is like. Will report back. Glad to hear BiteSMS is on their game tooAnybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.
The Following User Says Thank You to reanimationxp For This Useful Post:
06-17-2010, 06:18 PM #17
i hope i realsms gets on ios4 that would be super sweetHey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
The Following User Says Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:
06-17-2010, 10:15 PM #18
He replied.. add them to the list
Originally Posted by SpiritOfLogicAnybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.
06-18-2010, 02:42 AM #19
awsome im emailed ireal as well. glad to hear now i really want a 4Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
06-18-2010, 07:18 AM #20
Anyone know if the google voice app works on 4.0 (both GV Mobile and GV Mobile +)?