+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free activation for iPhone 4 if ordered from AT&T!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Apparently Apple is not offering the same...not to mention you can't even get an order to go through on their site lol.
    Thanks

Default Free activation for iPhone 4 if ordered from AT&T!
    Apparently Apple is not offering the same...not to mention you can't even get an order to go through on their site lol.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

it dosent cost money to activate a phone? there is a 18 dollar upgrade fee if you are upgrading
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Thanks

the 18$ fee is waived then??

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Um when I tried to order earlier the 36 fee was listed. I'm a new customer tho

Thanks

Make sure you print the page that shows "free activation" in case they try to mess with you when you get your bill lol.

Thanks

good to know i shall pick one up from att when they have some white ones in stock thanks for the tip

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    good to know i shall pick one up from att when they have some white ones in stock thanks for the tip
    That' not going to help you then dude...white will not be available until late summer lol. I'm off to the AT&T store to try to get my order in...AGAIN!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    That' not going to help you then dude...white will not be available until late summer lol. I'm off to the AT&T store to try to get my order in...AGAIN!

Wrong. White will be available on launch day.

Green Apple
    Thanks

iphones if purchased in canada or uk will come unlocked

Thanks

Blah

Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    Wrong. White will be available on launch day.
    Perhaps you should read Apple and AT&T's website...both sites say "LATE SUMMER!" NOw AT&T has totally taken off the iPhone 4 of their site, has removed anything about the white iPhone and Apple has taken down the "available late summer" ad as well. Yet on a Apple hack site, the following was said just minutes ago and most of the quotes are by "modmyi!"...

White iPhone 4 Not Available For Pre-Order; Will Be Available Later This Summer

You might have heard that Apple's new iPhone 4 is available for pre-orders. As we had reported, the white iPhone 4 model, which comes with a white front panel for the first time is not available for pre-order.

Some of our readers have written to us expressing their disappointment at the non-availability of a white iPhone 4 model and were wondering if the white iPhone will be available at the Apple Stores on June 24, the day of the launch.

Unfortunately, it looks like the white iPhone will not be available on the official launch day. Folks at ModMyi have revealed that according to their sources within AT&T, the white model of iPhone 4 will not hit the stores until "later this summer".

According to their sources, an internal memo circulated among AT&T employees has confirmed the availability of only three iPhone models at launch. This includes the 8GB iPhone 3GS (black), 16GB iPhone 4 (black) and 32GB iPhone 4 (black).

As you can see from the screenshot below, the internal document further states that the 16GB and 32GB version of the white iPhone 4 shall be available at a later date.

bob, one of our readers has commented that he had pre-ordered a white iPhone model at Best Buy but got a call from them informing him that the white iPhone won't be available until July 24th.

"I reserved white Iphone from Best Buy earlier and they just called me to tell me that white iphones will not be available until July 24th."

The reason for the delay in availability of the white iPhone 4 model is still not clear. It's strange that Apple wasn't aware of this situation when it unveiled the black and white iPhone 4 models last week at WWDC 2010.

Are you planning to wait for the availability of the white iPhone 4 to buy it? Or you're going to just buy the black iPhone 4?

[via ModMyi, thanks bob for the tip]
    Last edited by Dayvidpriddy; 06-15-2010 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

ill have a white one before the end of summer. im not worried. i gets whats i wants!