Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: May need iphone replacement/repair. Do i restore factory setting before going to at&t?

Default May need iphone replacement/repair. Do i restore factory setting before going to at&t?
    Hello i am having issues with the vibrate/loud switch getting messed up and it randomly turning off and on, on me for my 3GS. I read other threads and it looks like i may need to return it to apple for a repair or replacement.

My question is, what do i do before i take it to AT&T? I have blackrain installed. How do i back up all my apps software? or is it already backed up due to me always syncing my itunes with my iphone? How do i restore the phone back to apples official fimrware so i can take it to apple for repair or replacement?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You should sync it and then restore it (by clicking the "restore" button in itunes). You will lose your jailbreak and all your jailbroke apps but you will still have your apps from the appstore if you restore from backup.

if i synced it first, will i still have my jailbroken apps in itunes? So that if i get this phone fixed or a new one, i can just mod it again and then once its modded, sync it with itunes to get all my jailbroken apps and all my settings back?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

jailbroke apps don't sync with itunes. You can back them up by using "aptbackup" in cydia. I personally have never used it but I know of others who have and say it does what it says its supposed to.