Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Starting today i got NO SERVICE, help!

Question Starting today i got NO SERVICE, help!
    So here is my story:

Today in the morning I am picking up my phone from charger to make a call, and find No Service. Spend all day trying all different things and reading online, nothing helped

More detailed info:

Iphone 2G on O2Wireless (USA not UK) unlocked/jailbraken on 3.1.3.
    It was working fine for long time, got that No Service only this morning.
    My GF has 3GS on ATT, so I put my O2 sim card into hers and her ATT card into mine. Both worked fine! But when I put O2 card back into my phone it says No Service. It's so weird that I can't even think of where the problem might be...

I tried Restarting, Reseting, Restoring - Nothing helped.

Anyone who might know the solution - please help!

Thx
    Aras

I would have called O2 and asked them if a tower was down. ...Oh wait. Actually I don't really know. It's kinda weird. Your O2 sim did work in her 3gs? And her ATT sim worked in your 2g? (Just clarifying). Strange.

First thing I did was called O2. They double checked everything from they end and said that it should be working fine.

Yes, you are right, it works on her 3gs, and her ATT works on my Iphone. That's the strangest part

And is not that it has never worked for me, it did, just stoped starting today...

Today I did some more testing with second Iphone (the 3gs). I am getting No Signal, or very weak (1 bar) signal with ATT card, while 3gs has all bars. So I found out that my iphone has the same 1 bar signal with O2 at few spots around the house, 3GS has all bars with O2 as well as ATT.

So what could have happened? looks like the antenna issues or smth similar to that.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by arunasd; 06-14-2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost