+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS not detected by iTunes

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, My 16g 3GS has been *out of use* for quite a while, basically I'm on AT&T, but still need an unlock, and accidentally updated to 3.1.3. But thats beside
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation 3GS not detected by iTunes
    Hi,
    My 16g 3GS has been *out of use* for quite a while, basically I'm on AT&T, but still need an unlock, and accidentally updated to 3.1.3. But thats beside the point, anyway, so even whilst my phone had been useless, it could still be detected by iTunes... But, of course with my luck, now that I have found a solution, I cannot implement it because my it cannot be detected by my Mac or my PC. My iPad and iPod touch are detected fine, but the phone is not as fortunate. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Turn your phone off. All the way. Disconnect it from your computer if it is connected. When it is off, hold down the home button and continue holding the home button while you plug it into your computer. It should be recognized.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ive already tried using recovery and DFU mode, neither worked. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes? Everything associated with it as well.

What I described in the previous post is not recovery mode

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yep, ive deleted all files and uninstalled a couple of times. Oh sorry, well I tried it and it didn't work either. But I really do appreciate your help!

Thanks

Method 1: Fixing Mobile Device Driver Service

1. Open Start Menu >> Run and type services.msc and press ok [ this will open up services ]
    2. Locate the service named Mobile Device Driver
    3. Double click the service to open properties

4. In the "general" tab find the "startup type" drop-down arrow menu and make sure "automatic" is selected.

5. Also see the general tab to check the "service status". If it does not say "started" then click the start button to start the service and connect your phone again and click apply.

Note: If the above procedure does not helped in your case, then try restarting the service

Also, are you able to get to use the phone at all? Or is it showing the connect to iTunes screen? You may want to look through the pictures in your camera roll and delete any that you didn't take with the camera...like emailed pics you saved, pics from safari, or MMS. Sometimes they mess up the phone and make it unrecognizable.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That didn't work for me either.

And I can't geT into the phone because i need the unlock :/