+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick Question: Can you jailbreak and unlock a 16GB iPhone 3GS 05.12.01 running 3.1.3?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm looking into upgrading from my 3GS to the fourth generation iPhone and my friend would like to trade me his 3G and $100 for my 3GS if I upgrade.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Quick Question: Can you jailbreak and unlock a 16GB iPhone 3GS 05.12.01 running 3.1.3?
    I'm looking into upgrading from my 3GS to the fourth generation iPhone and my friend would like to trade me his 3G and $100 for my 3GS if I upgrade. I've noticed that unlocked iPhones sell for more than AT&T locked ones because T-Mobile users are interested in them. So I'm looking to jailbreak and unlock his 3G so I would be able to sell it for more.

EDIT: Sorry I just realized that I put this thread in the wrong location.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You cannot unlock 5.12.xx right now, but you should be able to within the nest 2 weeks. The only way it is possible is if you have one of the few 3G phones that can downgrade the baseband with an app called Fuzzyband that is in Cydia.

I am a little confused though because you ask about unlocking a 3GS on 5.12.xx, but then you ask about a 3G. Either way though the unlock should be released after Apple drops the new 4Gen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    You cannot unlock 5.12.xx right now, but you should be able to within the nest 2 weeks. The only way it is possible is if you have one of the few 3G phones that can downgrade the baseband with an app called Fuzzyband that is in Cydia.

I am a little confused though because you ask about unlocking a 3GS on 5.12.xx, but then you ask about a 3G. Either way though the unlock should be released after Apple drops the new 4Gen.
    Thanks for the info and I'll look into Fuzzyband. I've asked about both the 3GS on 5.12.xx and the 3G because I have a 3GS that I planned on trying to unlock and sell, then my friend suggested that he traded me his 3G and $100 and I could unlock his 3G and sell it.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah ok. I understand now. You won't wait much longer on the unlock. It is just sitting on a shelf until 4.0 is released to the public. Fuzzyband will only work on the 3G phone.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

Dub Bleezy (06-13-2010)