Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How much are used iphone 3gs going for typically?

Default How much are used iphone 3gs going for typically?
    I'm looking into selling my 3gs 32gb that is in perfect condition to fund the new iphone 4... but first I have some quesstions.

About how much should I be able to get for my phone?

Would I be able to sell my phone now... put my sim card in an old phone for a couple weeks, and then just bring in my Sim card only to activate my new iphone 4 that I purchase at the Apple store?

Can you resign a new 2yr agreement with ATT even if I resigned 7 months ago? Will this resigning allow me to get the iphone 4 32g at the 299 price?

Thanks for the help guys!

Quote Originally Posted by bavdrftr318 View Post
    I'm looking into selling my 3gs 32gb that is in perfect condition to fund the new iphone 4... but first I have some quesstions.

About how much should I be able to get for my phone?

Would I be able to sell my phone now... put my sim card in an old phone for a couple weeks, and then just bring in my Sim card only to activate my new iphone 4 that I purchase at the Apple store?
    Roughly 2-300 for 16gb and 3-400 for a 32gb on ebay. YES I have mine listed and am using a cheap old razr phone for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by bavdrftr318 View Post
    Can you resign a new 2yr agreement with ATT even if I resigned 7 months ago? Will this resigning allow me to get the iphone 4 32g at the 299 price?

Thanks for the help guys!
    As long as youre "upgrade eligible" you can get the 4 with a new 2 year commitment.

I put mine up one eBay. If it is in good condition, just jailbreak and unlock it. You will get above $400 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by vegeto2k2222 View Post
    I put mine up one eBay. If it is in good condition, just jailbreak and unlock it. You will get above $400 for it.
    I wanted to do this, but I couldnt get blacksn0w going on 3.1.3

now that i am restored factory to 3.1.3, theres no going back or unlocking?

Just had mine on eBay. It's 1 month old white 16gb jailbroken still under apple warrenty but locked to AT&T highest it went was $350 I suggest wait for a unlock then sell on eBay to get more money.

nah you can get up to 450 for a 3gs 32gb with the box and everything and up to 350 for a 6gb with box and everything

My 32GB iPhone 3GS (which was jailbroken and unlocked) went for $460.

now that i am restored factory to 3.1.3, theres no going back or unlocking?
    As of now you can't unlock it if you factory restored it. But the dev team did say there is a way and that it works, they're just waiting till iPhone 4 comes out so Apple doesn't stop the unlock by the time the new firmware comes out.

iPhone 3.1.3 05.12.01 baseband unlock imminent, Sherif Hashim discovers exploit

Just state that in your auction and it shouldn't affect it too much.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sirius389's Avatar
    Thanks

I want to sell my White 32GB 3GS but I have it on 4.0GM right now and I don't think anyone would really want it. It is registered to a dev account ect. That is all I really have going for it. lol.

I was too eager I guess and might have screwed myself out of getting rid of my current iPhone =(
    -Nicole

I am max bidding on a 3gs on ebay $230.

Planing on selling the 4g 32 in original sealed box when i get it.

3gs on eBay locked to AT&T are not going for more them $400 I have Been looking at the auction last week.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sirius389's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJM AutoWerkz View Post
    3gs on eBay locked to AT&T are not going for more them $400 I have Been looking at the auction last week.
    that seems reasonable to me, I am not desperate for the money, lol. I already have my iPhone 4 paid for.

I guess the advantage with my phone is that it has 4.0 GM on it and is registered to a dev account.

I'll probably put it up on the Buy/Sell section early next week.
    -Nicole

Here is another question... once the iphone 4 comes to our hands and tons more of 3gs go out on the market... will the amount you can get plummit?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Luckily I played it smart. I listed my 32GB 3GS on eBay BEFORE they announced the iPhone 4. The key is to have it unlocked and offer to ship worldwide. With that being said, I started it at $0.99 and it ended at $640. Had $50 in eBay fees and $18 in paypal fees. Not too shabby though!

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius389 View Post
    that seems reasonable to me, I am not desperate for the money, lol. I already have my iPhone 4 paid for.

I guess the advantage with my phone is that it has 4.0 GM on it and is registered to a dev account.

I'll probably put it up on the Buy/Sell section early next week.
    You will get more for it on ebay as the 3gs 16 and 32 are going for $250 to $300 on Craigslist, of course there is some for $500 to $600 which will not sell!

I would put it on ebay and give the specs as most of the people know whats going on in the jailbreak nation or they simply want one un jailbroken which is ok too!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

From someone who's sold several iPhones on ebay, just remember to take their seller's fees into account. They're pretty sneaky about making you forget about the percentage of your final sale that goes to them.

There's always the modmyi buy/sell forum if you have enough posts!

I don't know what eBay you guys are referring to but these prices don't reflect what I've just been paid.

I sold my 2 day old (warranty replacement) 16gb 3G[S] in original packaging for $471. This was with shipping though. And this was 1 week BEFORE the iPhone 4 was announced.

A co worker of mine closed at $520 (also a 2 day old warranty replacement) 5 days AFTER the iPhone 4 was announced.

You can still get good money for these phones, but as others have said, you really really need to have them unlocked for them to sell at top dollar. The above 2 examples were for unjailbroken phones that were not unlocked. These may be rare examples.

Make sure your ads look professional and the ad will go a long way

sold two 3gs's 16gb on craigs list for $475 each...

Quote Originally Posted by rumcajs View Post
    sold two 3gs's 16gb on craigs list for $475 each...

When? Because I was unable to get more than $360 for the same above mentioned iPhone that I ended up selling on eBay. They are dirt cheap now. And have been for over a month. On craigs anyway. eBay is the way to go.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

My 3gs 32gb white, brand new in the box in the plastic wrap still, never opened, with a factory warranty that started on 6/11/2010. Just sold today after a 3 day auction for 500$ dollars on ebay. After the ebay and paypal fees I have $428 left over.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
    Last edited by Captinsmooth; 06-16-2010 at 07:55 PM.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    My 3gs 32gb white, brand new in the box in the plastic wrap still, never opened, with a factory warranty that started on 6/11/2010. Just sold today after a 3 day auction for 500$ dollars on ebay. After the ebay and paypal fees I have $428 left over.

Iphone 3GS White 32GB BRAND NEW Factory Sealed Box!!!!! - eBay (item 140416897695 end time Jun-16-10 11:54:12 PDT)
    Thats very unfortunate I did let mine run for 5 days though and it was pre announcment so I don't know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast