+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can an iPhone battery get weaker and weaker?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I've had my iPhone 3G for about 2 years now and just recently in the past 4 days, the battery has been getting drained really quickly. I turned on Facebook
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default Can an iPhone battery get weaker and weaker?
    I've had my iPhone 3G for about 2 years now and just recently in the past 4 days, the battery has been getting drained really quickly.

I turned on Facebook the other day when I was out and it said "20% of battery remaining" and I couldn't see the screen properly so on SB settings I turned the brightness to full and literally less than 20 seconds later it popped up with "10% of battery remaining"

I charged it up last night and used it to text 2 people and download a small game from Cydia and the battery is on 75% (I downloaded a battery percentage metre from Cydia like the one on the 3Gs)

I always go on SB settings and make sure theres always free space quite often and I don't use push notifications, push mail, bluetooth or location either and my brightness is always on about 20%

Anyone had similar problems?

Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It is very possible that your battery is going out, but I would look at everything you have installed via Cydia. You may want to do a restore to see if it helps. The first route for me is always getting rid of Cydia stuff first.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

it does and mine is dying faster and faster every day. yeah iphone 4 i also dropeed mine in some water its a sad day in my iphone life
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!