+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i phone stuck on apple logo

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hi could some one please help me.i am new to i phones and i have read so much that i am now totally confused my son upgraded from his iphone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default i phone stuck on apple logo
    hi could some one please help me.i am new to i phones and i have read so much that i am now totally confused
    my son upgraded from his iphone to a 3gs and gave me his old one before he gave it to me he tried to delete all his files?
    from what he has told me this took a couple of hours but before it finished the battery died and now it is stuck on the apple logo and every now and then seems to restart its self
    i know how to restore it by holding home and power button and then it comes up in itunes etc but i was planning on having the phone unlocked to use a orange sim card and i am worried it will update to the new version of itunes and i will not be able to do this
    i beleive it is a 3g? it is black and a 16gb please can some one help me thanks glyn

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

At this point you have no choice but to restore it. If it was at the 3.1.2 firmware you can download a copy of that from here, ModMyi Forums - Downloads - iPhone 3G 3.1.2 and hold the shift button when you hit restore and load that fw back in. If it was already on 3.1.3 then you are out of luck for now until the new OSI comes out and the devs release a new unlock hopefully.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Just to make it clear, as it's a 3G you can restore to any version that you'd like so you have nothing to worry about in regards to unlocking it. Just stay away from 3.1.3