Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: New to IPhone
06-10-2010, 10:40 AM #1New to IPhone
1st off all Im very new to IPhone, i have recently purchased an IPhone 3gs os 3.1.3
i dont understand what springboard or winterboard are or what the difference is, can someone please briefly explain to me or point me to a guide explaining. How easy is it to get spingboard or winterboard on the iphone 3GS 3.1.3
also i would like to know if i can install iconaoclasm on my iphone OS 3.1.3? if so how do i do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to wakhtar For This Useful Post:
06-11-2010, 05:35 PM #2
you need to do research. but springboard is the main screen with all your icons and apps on it, and winterboard skins the springboard and all sorts of other parts of the device. good luck and welcome to the wonderfull workd of iphoneHey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
06-11-2010, 05:54 PM #3
As has been posted...your springboard is like your desktop on your computer. It hosts your app icons and themes. I don't know anything about iconoclasm though.
The steps to get Winterboard are these:
1. Download Spirit(it is a jailbreak). If you have a Mac download the Mac version and if you have Windows download the Windows version from here: Spirit
2. With your phone plugged in via your USB cable launch Spirit. It will jailbreak your phone. If Spirit acts like it doesn't want to work you simply run it in 95 Compatibility Mode(right click the Spirit icon, select Properties, then change the Compatibility Mode to Windows 95).
3. Once your phone reboots you will notice that there is an icon on your Springboard that is titled Cydia. Run Cydia, update all critical apps(there will be a popup...accept it).
4. Restart Cydia and on the bottom of it you will see the Search function. Launch it and type in Winterboard. It will download and install Winterboard for you.
5. Inside of Cydia there are tons and tons of themes. Browse through them and download one, exit Cydia, launch Winterboard and check off the theme(select it).
6. Your phone will reboot with the theme applied.
06-11-2010, 06:57 PM #4
You can type in what you want to know about and the search results will show, kinda like goggle!
It takes time but you will learn a lot just by reading the post here! Just don't get in a big hurry!
If you need help do just like you did here just ask and somebody here knows about it!
06-14-2010, 08:09 AM #5
Thanks for the replies guys, i been looking through some things here and they are really helpful next thing on my hit list is to change the battery picture when charging or connected to pc, has anyone customise this?
06-14-2010, 11:10 AM #6
yes in cydia there are hundreds or thousands of themes for all parts of the device. you can also make your own themes and icons and upload them via ssh. we have been thememing and tweaking these bad boys since 2007 so im sure there is something in cydia that you will just loveHey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
06-17-2010, 03:46 AM #7
I manage to find a few things which make the iphone feel like mine now, next thing on my hit list is: can you add apps to the search section when you swipe your Iphone to the right from the Home Screen? you can type in search to find things but is there a way to have few apps already there?