+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Charging not supported

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I recently started to get the "charging not supported by this accessory error" when I was jailbroken with 3.1.2 so i restored and updated to 3.1.3 and it charges fine(with
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Charging not supported
    I recently started to get the "charging not supported by this accessory error" when I was jailbroken with 3.1.2 so i restored and updated to 3.1.3 and it charges fine(with computer and ac adaptor) but after I jailbroken my phone wit spirit It only charges with the computer but sometimes I get the error using that also I'm guess I take it to the apple store hopefully I am under warrant considering I got this 3gs last July but if you may know a solution to this problem please let me know thx.. Also I tried cleaning the bottom of my phone my brushing with a toothbrush but still no luck

Anyone had this problem
    Last edited by Neek804; 06-10-2010 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

my phone says that on a few of my radio docks one it says its not supported but charges and plays music just fine, but than there is another dock i have that will play music but will not charge.

if it does charge there is a tweak in cydia that makes that message not pop up anymore
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[strikeout]What is that tweak in Cydia called?[/strikeout]
    I am so sorry, I found it.
    Last edited by larylove; 08-04-2010 at 03:57 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

OP, I keep getting this error as well. It's annoying the ever loving crap out of me.

It's happened with both my old iphone 3G as well as my 3gs (just started happening on my 3gs). I've tried using the original apple cable as well as a 3rd party charging cable from the AT&T store and they both tell me the same thing... OS doesn't seem to matter (it did it in OS 3.0, 3.1 & 4.0.1)

I do notice though that if I kind of angle the cable into the dock (like you used to have to do with certain nintendo games way back when) it will work fine and charge like nothing happened... no errors.

larylove, what is the name of the tweak you're talking about?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It is called NoAccessorySplash