Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 retail price?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iPhone 4 retail price?
    So I know the $199 and $299 prices are for people eligible for upgrade, but what's it gunna cost for someone to just walk into the store and buy one? I'm gunna sell my 3gs to make way for the iphone 4, I'd like to know how much I have to fork over...

Hope I'm not asking a stupid question cause I've done a little hunting around with no answer...

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone sunshinejenn03's Avatar
    Thanks

It's probably going to be the same as last year - $699 for the 32GB and $599 for the 16GB.

Just a guess, though. I don't think that info has been released. But I can't imagine they'd price it differently this time.

I walked into the Apple store to buy my 3gs with no problem last year when it came out in June. I'm not an AT&T customer.

However, a couple months later I wlaked into the same Apple store to buy another 3gs for my wife and was told that I could not buy one..... That only existing AT&T customers can buy iphones even at FULL RETAIL PRICE.

So I don't know what's up this year but I sure hope I can buy 2!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It is $599 for 16GB and $699 for 32GB, like sunshine said

It says on the AT&T pricing list they put out yesterday that:

"there are non commitment (no two year contract) pricing ($599 for 16 gb and $699 for 32 gb)for EXISTING AT&T customers, however, you have to subscribe to the data and voice plan"

This makes me think that if you are not an AT&T customer you cannot walk into an Apple Store and buy an iphone 4.... even at FULL RETAIL PRICE!! Which SUCKS!!!

Now, my quesion is: What does "you have to subscribe to voice and data plan mean?" Can you subscribe for a month and then cancel?

To get voice and data u have to run a credit check and see if u qualify for service if you then you won't be ona contract you will be month to month but paying a AT&T bill that's if u buy at full retail price.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    so I'm gunna have to wait another year for my contract renewal? or I'm gunna be payin out my a? sweet... lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone ankitsid's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Homerunhita12 View Post
    so I'm gunna have to wait another year for my contract renewal? or I'm gunna be payin out my a? sweet... lol
    well, what about early upgrade? it will cost you more, but should work out

Full upgrade: 199/299
    Partial upgrade (those with upgrade dates beyond 2010): 399/499
    Buyout: 599/699

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

tonyyvo (08-22-2010)