+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! Springboard crashed

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
NEED HELP! I have iphone 3gs 3.0. I recently tried to install one of the themes using SSH. When i tried respringing the iphone, the springboard crashed. Normally, the phone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help! Springboard crashed
    NEED HELP! I have iphone 3gs 3.0. I recently tried to install one of the themes using SSH. When i tried respringing the iphone, the springboard crashed. Normally, the phone fixes the crash itself after restarting; but not this time. Right now, my phone is still in safe mode. it doesnt have cydia, setting, phone, sms, safari, or anything like that. It only has some games applications etc. I can't restore it since i didnt have my IBEC saved with cydia. Is there anyway I can fix the springboard problem? I can still using SSH to look into it folders. When i tried installing the theme, i dragged shortcuts and springjumps into its application folder. However, I tried deleting them and must have deleted the wrong files or something that caused the springboard to crash. ANY HELP is greatly appreciated. if anyone has the original contents from the application folder of the iphone 3gs 3.0, would you please share, maybe i can try fixing the springboard that way.??? thanks...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You can restore it to any version you'd like as long as you use a custom firmware made with pwnagetool. It's a mac program only, so you'll need to either have or borrow a mac or download a CFW already made.

Not sure how to fix your problem without restoring. The fact that it boots into Safe Mode means it should be fixable by just deleting the theme, but I see that hasn't worked for you. Have you tried deleting Winterboard?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i found that there's nothing such as cydia, sms, phone, etc in my applications folders. I must have mistakenly deleted them. I'll try to copy and paste those applications from another phone. Hopefully it'll work. If not, i guess i'll have to restore it to a different CFW... but i'd like to keep it at 3.0 so i'm doing anything i can. Any other suggestions would help... thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If you're talking about /var/mobile/Applications then that's not where Cydia is stored. That's only App Store apps.

If you mean /var/stash/Applications, then yes, you've messed up if you've deleted Cydia from there.

As for restoring, I don't think you can stay at 3.0 but there's no reason to either. With a custom firmware, you can go to 3.1/3.1.2/3.1.3 while still keeping your baseband at 04.26.08 which is unlockable with ultrasn0w. The reason that you can restore to a custom firmware of any version is that they skip the signing process (SHSH) when restoring to a phone that is already jailbroken.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did somehow delete cydia from /var/stash/application. lolz. so what would be the best method to fix it now? restoring the phone to a different CFW? CFW on 3.1.3 is not unlockable yet? is it? also, 3.1.2 can only be tethering, it's not unlockable either right?

btw i didnt save my SHSH on cydia. how would i go about restoring to a different CFW? thanks
    Last edited by vhnam83; 06-02-2010 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

do you need an unlock?

Twitter: @tshoults

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vhnam83 View Post
    I did somehow delete cydia from /var/stash/application. lolz. so what would be the best method to fix it now? restoring the phone to a different CFW? CFW on 3.1.3 is not unlockable yet? is it? also, 3.1.2 can only be tethering, it's not unlockable either right?

btw i didnt save my SHSH on cydia. how would i go about restoring to a different CFW? thanks
    No offense, but are you reading my posts? I've already answered all these questions.