Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can you Help me? I have been at this all DAY!

Default Can you Help me? I have been at this all DAY!
    Look, im not gonna lie, i messed up and downloaded the 3.1.3 firmware and now have the 05.12.01 baseband. i have tmobile and im trying to jailbreak it so i can at least get fuzzyband and downgrade the baseband THEN unlock it. right now, i am at emergency call screen. i know how to enter DSU and recovery and all that, i just need to know the steps i need to take to unlock this iphone

Essentially i have an un-sim'd 3.1.3 FW, 05.12.01 baseband iphone 3g, Help me please!? and i THINK it was made after feb 2008 so0o0o it is probably not old boot.

Shameless self bump
    Last edited by iFuckingAnnoying; 05-25-2010 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone mitchell209's Avatar
    Thanks

Use redsn0w 0.9.4 from 3G unlock - official redsn0w devteam site and then use the 3.1.2 firmware when it asks you to choose your firmware. It won't work if you use the 3.1.3 firmware.

People might tell you to use spirit, but thats not an option for you if you can't even activate your phone. Redsn0w will activate it even without a sim in your iPhone, so you can get past the emergency call screen.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mitchell209 For This Useful Post:

iFuckingAnnoying (05-25-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell209 View Post
    Use redsn0w 0.9.4 from 3G unlock - official redsn0w devteam site and then use the 3.1.2 firmware when it asks you to choose your firmware. It won't work if you use the 3.1.3 firmware.

People might tell you to use spirit, but thats not an option for you if you can't even activate your phone. Redsn0w will activate it even without a sim in your iPhone, so you can get past the emergency call screen.

Ok thanks i'll give it a go.

Thanks

That will at least get you jailbroken. I don't think you'll be able to downgrade your baseband.

so after this is done, i guess go into cydia and grab fuzzyband and then downgrade my baseband thennnn proceed to unlock it...

Thanks

That's the plan. Although I don't think fuzzyband will even work on your iPhone, but it couldn't hurt to try.

well, come to find out this phone was dropped in water.. so he told me the wifi wont work, so i have it jailbroken.. and i figure. "ok, so the wifi is broken, i will pop his att card in and run cydia off the 3g network, well i did that and no bars are being displayed.. is there any way to get fuzzyband packaged onto the iphone when i Re-jailbreak much like Snowbreeze allows you to do?