+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best photo / video apps for the Iphone 2G? Its JB and unlocked

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi All, Just a quick question for the opinions for all of you out there with the iPhone 2G. I'm contemplating getting a 3GS off ebay but I'm waiting for
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Best photo / video apps for the Iphone 2G? Its JB and unlocked
    Hi All,
    Just a quick question for the opinions for all of you out there with the iPhone 2G. I'm contemplating getting a 3GS off ebay but I'm waiting for firmware 4.0 and an subsequent unlock to be released so I can use my tmobile prepaid sim. I'll then give the wife my 2G 16gig. But for now, I have my 2G pretty tweaked to my liking and its working great. Only have it up and running for about a month with tmobile sim (got it for free!) I have it JB and running 3.1.3 and its unlocked (think I used snowbreeze). I have a few camera apps and video camera apps on it, but I'm not sure if there is something better out for both of them or if I have the best available for quality. Some of the apps really seem to be laggy. The ones I have on the 2G are:
    Camera One - All in one (for stills)
    Qik Video Camera Pro (for video)
    The standard camera for the 2G that's included

Any input is appreciated! I just want the best apps I can get for quality. Don't really need all the extra bells and whistles for frames, etc. I think the 2G only has a max camera of 2MP but not sure of the video max framerates for different programs. And the Camera One program seems to be very sluggish.

bump........
    Last edited by conqst99; 05-24-2010 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I have Qik. It's great. I just use my standard cam for pics, it works perfectly fine.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi there and thanks for the input. You say u have qik the video app or is there a qik still camera app? I agree, qik video works fine for me. But for still photos is there something that is really better than the 2g standard app or are they all gimmicks? I bought the All In One and it's ok but there is a 5sec delay while it saves the photo that was just taken

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Qik video. Camera One has good reviews, I just like the standard cam cuz its quick for me.