+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem installing OS 4 beta 4 on 3gs

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So I was given the os 4 beta 4 from a developer. He said he added my udid to the list but when I go through the install process iTunes
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Problem installing OS 4 beta 4 on 3gs
    So I was given the os 4 beta 4 from a developer. He said he added my udid to the list but when I go through the install process iTunes crashes when it gets to the "validating device with apple servers."

I installed by holding the option key when clicking the check for upgrade button and then locating the ipsw file.

Am I to assume that my udid was not listed and therefore my phone couldn't be validated to install the beta? I would think that it would tell me so if that is the case not simply crash iTunes.

My question is if anybody has had this happen to them or know of the issue? Is there a different way to install the ipsw? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Instead of using the "OPTION" Update in iTunes, hold option and do a Restore and point it to the 4.0 Beta 4 firmware. Be sure to Back up your iPhone first before restoring, and then once 4.0 is on, restore your phone from backup.

Also make sure that you have the SDK if you intend on using 4.0 Beta 4. That way you'll be able to backup, if you don't it'll give you an error when backing up.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the info... appreciate it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyogo View Post
    Thanks for the info... appreciate it.
    Did it work?
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User