Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Sell iPhone now or later??is a discussion within the
General iPhone Chatforums, a part of the
I have an JB and unlocked 3g (im on tmobile). Im thinking about selling my phone now before OS4 comes out, while i can still get like $300 for it....
05-19-2010, 11:03 AM #1
Sell iPhone now or later??
I have an JB and unlocked 3g (im on tmobile).
Im thinking about selling my phone now before OS4 comes out, while i can still get like $300 for it.
What do u guys think?
Is it worth going a month with a samsung highlight???
And what should the price for the new iphone be without a contract? $400 maybe?
Haha but I dont know. Is it worth going a moth plus waiting for a jailbreak and unlock?
05-19-2010, 11:05 AM #2
The value of it is not going to drop when 4.0 comes out.... just hang onto it and sell it in a month.
05-19-2010, 11:15 AM #3
05-19-2010, 11:19 AM #4
The value of an iPhone will stay the same if it's in good condition on ANY firmware. An unlockable iPhone on any firmware will pull a premium because people want to use it on other carriers. If firmware 4.0 becomes jailbroken.. then upgrade your iPhone to 4.0 and sell it jailbroken. I don't understand your chain of thought here.
05-19-2010, 11:25 AM #5
I see where your coming from.
But i guess my train of thought is that right now a person looking for an unlockable iphone would be willing to pay more for it just because they are hard to find. But when os4 comes out, every iphone will become unlockable and therefore my iphone will be worth less.
But on the other hand, im willing to just take your word for it.
05-19-2010, 11:39 AM #6
Yeeeah.. ok.. the other thing that's going to happen is the market will be flooded with iPhones after people upgrade to the new iPhone. You're right about that so I'd check the market where you are and if there are not many around put yours up for sale.
05-19-2010, 10:33 PM #7
For my almost 2 year old iphone to sell for a good value, i figure it needs to be 1. unlocked and 2. sold before iphone 4g comes out.
Since i upgraded to 3.1.3 (hence baseband 5.12.01), Im still trying to figure out how to satisfy the 1st criteria.If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.
iPhone? More like TyPhone
05-19-2010, 11:13 PM #8
Last edited by MacDevil7334; 05-19-2010 at 11:16 PM.
05-20-2010, 12:05 AM #9
I would definitely sell it before the 4G is released. It would be incredibly foolish not to.
05-20-2010, 10:15 AM #10
Ah, the old discussion of when to sell..
Personally, I don't care as most of my old iPhones are given to family members, but if I was interested in making the most $$, I'd wait until 4.0 drops but before the new BB unlock. Pwnage Tool gets released before the unlocks come out.
An unlocked 4.0 OS (retaining old baseband) will fetch a HUGE premium.. There is only a couple days - week to do so, but it will be well worth the wait