+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Regarding AT&T Plan

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey all, I'm having a bit of trouble here. I'm on a family plan with 3 lines, one of which is my iPhone 3G. What I want is for my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help Regarding AT&T Plan
    Hey all, I'm having a bit of trouble here.

I'm on a family plan with 3 lines, one of which is my iPhone 3G.

What I want is for my mom to use my old iPhone 2G without paying an extra $30/month for the 2nd iPhone.

Now, what I was thinking was arguing with the AT&T rep. and trying to get them to remove my "iPhone Data Plan" and then adding the "unlimited data for families".

Problem is, this goes against AT&T's policy. I've heard of some people doing it (yes with the iPhone) and I wanted to get some pointers from everyone before calling and arguing.

I remember chatting with a rep. and they were trying to pull all of this BS out of their A**. Basically I'd like to throw their BS right back at them with some hard proof that it can be done. How do I go about it?

My mom cant pay any more than she already is (which is a lot of money as it is).

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

jailbreak unlock it. and dont bother with the data just turn it off. If she wants to use the data she will have to pay for it. also the data plan for the 1st gen iphone is only 20 dollars a month the 3g data is 30 dollars. and you cant use data on att with an iphone with out their consent, iv tried.
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    jailbreak unlock it. and dont bother with the data just turn it off. If she wants to use the data she will have to pay for it. also the data plan for the 1st gen iphone is only 20 dollars a month the 3g data is 30 dollars. and you cant use data on att with an iphone with out their consent, iv tried.
    Ok, now just a question. I get that I'd have to JB it, but what does unlocking have to do with it?

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Well if your not on an iPhone plan on AT&T it needs to be unlocked. I have an iPhone plane and I still seem to need an unlock but that just maybe me doing something wrong. But unlock on 1st gen is no big deal