Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is my warranty voided or not?

Default Is my warranty voided or not?
    Hi there,

There's a fuc**** dust just in the center of the screen under the glass, and ince it's week-end (eih..) i started trying to open it myself...

I followed this guide Installing iPod Touch 2nd Generation Display - iFixit Anyway i didn't open it finally, and only 3 of the 10 "points" show clear traces.

So my question is if anybody (in Europe, where i am, since law can change in USA or Asia) has been in this case and then got his iPod replaced by Apple.

Thanks all

PS: I know it's the iPhone section but it seems the iPod section is kinda deserted... And since they have the same screen, it'll be the same for that kind of "trouble".

if its jailbroken restore it first, if it isnt, you must of bought it in the last year, never had it opened up or put in water
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

From your post, it sounded like you opened it up. If you did, your warranty is gone..

Of course, you can still take it into Apple. They will inspect it. Answer their questions honestly, but if they can't tell its been opened, and they don't ask...

Yes it's under warranry, no i didnt openee it, just started to try that but ddnt finish.

Look at the link and you'll see how it is, it'q not like the iphone...

i think its still valid ,
    , where iphone giving really tough time to other smart phone companies to make smart phone with smart features ,where apple have lot of collection with point
    of iphone apps
    , which offers some free paying apps .and people are really fan of apple iphone apps .
    Although now ios 8 has been released but ppl still want to know about ios 7 iphone 4 and its features .

I made lot of search but didn't find any case of ipod/iphone refused by apple cause "opened" i only find the classical "it fell into water"...

Just take it in. Worst case, you don't get it replaced, but then you know for sure about warranty

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeh if they can't tell it's been open they will give you a new one. They are just gonna open it and refurb it anyways