+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs Reboot Problems

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Here's the deal. I had the Iphone 3gs/3.1.2, when out of the blue a bad Rock update bricks my phone. Stayed up late trying everything I could think of an
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Iphone 3gs Reboot Problems
    Here's the deal. I had the Iphone 3gs/3.1.2, when out of the blue a bad Rock update bricks my phone. Stayed up late trying everything I could think of an I finally caught a break an was able to put it into recovery mode, lucky for me Spirit had just released the new jailbreak. Cool, so I jailbreak my phone an restore all my pics an apps(contacts are done thru Google sync thank God I didn't loose those). Since everything went fine I decided to upgrade my wife's phone to the new 3.1.3 spirit jailbreak. Her phone was not affected by rock so her phone is running perfect. I can turn it off/on and reboot it with no problem. My phone is the complete opposite. If I turn it off/on or hold power/home for hard reset it goes to the apple logo and stays. Sometimes I can get it back to recovery and sometimes I have to plug it to Itunes to get it off the logo. I've reset all settings,erased all contents and settings,and restored several times but nothing seems to fix this boot recovery problem.I also tried ih8snow fix recovery mode loop an still no luck. I've just restored it again this time no jailbreak to see if it crashes.Can someone please give me some advise on something new to try?

UPDATE. 1.Restored Iphone without jailbreak- turns off/on and reboots no problem.
    2.Jailbreak with spirit 3.1.3 and only cydia and winterboard- winterboard rebooted
    3.Adding apps one at a time- will not restore all apps at once with pkgbackup.
    4.Since beyouriphone went down I've had to grab apps from different sources and I think one or two of my apps were clashing, but everything is running smooth so far
    Last edited by E4LIFE; 05-09-2010 at 06:04 PM.