Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free nationwide wifi or internet for 3gs?

Default Free nationwide wifi or internet for 3gs?
    Hello, everyone I am using a 3gs 3.1.3----05.12.01.

And I basically want to have internet with me whereever I go.

I currently don't have a carrier service, and my iphone is jailbroken with spiritjb.com but ofcourse not unlocked. (As I think there is currently not an unlock out yet for my version).

My question is, is there a nationwide wifi? Cheap/free wifi for atleast Wa-state, USA? So I can atleast get internet whereever I go? I tried mywi cracked and stuff and nothing seems to work to make my own "wifi hotspot". (I think you already have to have internet in order to make a hotspot, ofcourse they don't mention that in the "how to youtube videos" though). So again my question is how to get internet with me wherever I go?

I heard of a site on My Free Wireless ISP. That apparently offers nationwide free wifi to everyone through wifi.

I was trying to follow their directions, except when I went to my control panel I didn't see bluetooth installation wizard. I don't know what to do.

Can this really work? Can I really get if not wifi, at the very least internet through this site?

I was wondering if I needed to get a bluetooth app from cydia so I can "turn visible on" as My Free Wireless ISP puts it?

I found on cydia a program called iBlueNova Cracked. Would that work?

My idea, is to use free/cheap internet, and use a voip with texting, and basically have the cheapest unlimited calling/text known to man on my iphone.

So please someone help me. I will pay 50.00USD to whomever helps me. Ofcourse payment will be paid after this works, as I can't afford to do this more then once. Thanks. And please remember you are talking to a caveman, so talk in language I can understand. Thank you.

I'm very hesitant to do this because I don't want to use up all my space on my phone because I don't know how to get rid of applications.
    Last edited by wwfjdraw; 05-09-2010 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

wow why not just get a data plan for the phone you can get a cheap one for like 80 bucks a month. or stay near starbucks barnes and noble and mcdonalds they all have wifi
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    wow why not just get a data plan for the phone you can get a cheap one for like 80 bucks a month. or stay near starbucks barnes and noble and mcdonalds they all have wifi
    Ouch!

You know not all people live in or around a big city so 3g is not a choice yet!

Anything over 20 is too much.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

There is nothing.

Ok so I'm using wefi and it works better then the default wifi. Except I have to keep restarting wefi every 2 minutes in order to keep using the Internet. Is there a way or an app I could use that will constantly run in the background and will continously keep reopening wefi app for me so that wefi is constantly working? Also I noticed that I have perfect wifi from all wefi whenever it's in the scanning and connecting process to a wifi network. So is there an app that I can run that can freeze the wefi program?

iPhone? More like MyPhone apummell's Avatar
    Thanks

Probably should have not got a phone yu cannot afford to use!

That's why I DID get the iPhone. Because I needed something that I could use to get all this stuff so that in the long run it pays off. I could have spent the 350 I spent on this iPhone on a go phone and in a few months be in the same shape I'm in now except with a crappy phone and nothing to show for it . But instead......

So back to the orogional question.

So what's the best wifi boost apps and what apps let you make and receive calls and SMS to mobile and landline numbers?
    Last edited by wwfjdraw; 05-12-2010 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wwfjdraw View Post
    That's why I DID get the iPhone. Because I needed something that I could use to get all this stuff so that in the long run it pays off. I could have spent the 350 I spent on this iPhone on a go phone and in a few months be in the same shape I'm in now except with a crappy phone and nothing to show for it . But instead......

So back to the orogional question.

So what's the best wifi boost apps and what apps let you make and receive calls and SMS to mobile and landline numbers?
    The correct answer is listed in thread # 5

Can you post the link...? To that thread please.

According to this site: Peek - Simply Connected.

You can get unlimited wifi for their device if you pay the monthly fee or the one time 200 something fee for lifetime service....They mention that with their device you can have unlimted wifi access to you email/text......But I'm wondering is there a way to use this device for more then just that? I mean can we tether it somehow to our iphones or something so that we can use internet on our iphones with this nationwide wifi they are talking about so that we can surf the web and use voip/ect..?

I have also emailed them and will update you all on what they say.