+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS stuck in DFU Mode - HELP!!!!!!!!!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My 3GS jailbroken via blackra1n just turned off yesterday and accidently went into DFU mode and I havent been able to get it out of the DFU mode. I have
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default 3GS stuck in DFU Mode - HELP!!!!!!!!!
    My 3GS jailbroken via blackra1n just turned off yesterday and accidently went into DFU mode and I havent been able to get it out of the DFU mode. I have tried many things (holding down the power and home button for 10 seconds) but it just is not starting anymore. Can someone please help??? How can I start my iPhone & get it out of the DFU Mode???

I dont want to restore since its going to upgrade and I will loose my unlock.

Please help!!! I am stuck

Thanks!
    Naly

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Phones don't just do into DFU mode by themselves. If you're on the new bootrom and your phone got powered off you might be in recovery mode (iTunes logo). If this is the case just re-run blackrain to boot the phone. Did you save you 3.1.2 SHSH files? If so then there's no problem restoring to 3.1.2 if you change your host file to point to saurik.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Phones don't just do into DFU mode by themselves. If you're on the new bootrom and your phone got powered off you might be in recovery mode (iTunes logo). If this is the case just re-run blackrain to boot the phone. Did you save you 3.1.2 SHSH files? If so then there's no problem restoring to 3.1.2 if you change your host file to point to saurik.

I accidently put my 3GS in DFU Mode and I saw a popup on my computer. I am not in recovery mode - no apple logo, no itunes logo - its not powering up AT ALL. Once it does power up then I should be fine via running blackra1n.

Does anyone know how to get it out of DFU MODE?? I saw some others are experiencing the same issue. Any thoughts on this will be appreciated as I have a bricked iphone right now!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Hold power and home for 10 seconds.. then release both and hit the power button. By the way it's not possibly to /accidentally/ put your phone in DFU mode considering it must be timed just right and done deliberately.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Hold power and home for 10 seconds.. then release both and hit the power button. By the way it's not possibly to /accidentally/ put your phone in DFU mode considering it must be timed just right and done deliberately.
    I have tried this combo multiple times but its not turning on or getting out of the DFU mode. I realize I did this but didnt intend on putting it in DFU Mode as all I was trying to do was to get my iPHone to power up after it had shutdown randomly.
    Any other combos?

BUMP - Can Anyone help!?
    Last edited by naly; 05-11-2010 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Perhaps you should plug it into the computer then try any of the above again and see if your computer is picking up the device or not. If your computer makes no indication of picking up the device, it is not in DFU mode. As far as my experience went, thats what I know.