+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My iPhone 3GS won't turn on :( Any help would be amazing!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, My iPhone 3GS, which has been Jailbroken using Blackra1n several months ago, has decided to not turn on anymore. I turned it off to save batter today and now
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default My iPhone 3GS won't turn on :( Any help would be amazing!
    Hello,

My iPhone 3GS, which has been Jailbroken using Blackra1n several months ago, has decided to not turn on anymore. I turned it off to save batter today and now when I try to turn it on it boots up and shows the Apple logo, but after a few seconds showing that, it turns off again. I have plugged into my mac, and iTunes doesn't recognise it, and I've plugged it into a power socket too. Again, this only shows the Apple logo and turns off again.

Other people have had this problem but I can't find any solutions to it. If anyone has any suggestions then please let me know

Cheers!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yea me too, except mine started when in installed blacksn0w with 3.1.3 on 5.11 baseband, i know how to get it right again, but i gotta restore it first.

ok i can help. i just fixed mine and with no help from modmyi(loosing faith in the community) ok so what u do is your going to have to restore it (but not all the way), so plug it into the computer and put it into DFU mode. do shift restore or however it is on the mac, and restore with normal 3.1.3, when the white screen appears or before it really begins to restore YANK the cable out, now you should be able to put it into recovery mode and restore with a custom made 3.1.3 using sn0wbreeze, which should save your baseband. that should do it, but dont install blacksn0w RC1 find blacksn0w RC2, cause the first will put u in a reboot loop. i hope i helped,
    (hit the tnx button )
    Last edited by 360psp; 05-09-2010 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 360psp For This Useful Post:

thermo_monkey_75 (05-10-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok,
    try this hold down the power and the home button when its off.
    Keep trying it a few times and see what heppenz

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorted. Was a bit of a nightmare, but I'd already sorted it by the time you'd replied (360psp), and was waiting til I had a minute to update this post so other people could learn what I'd done if they have the same problem. 360psp you were pretty much spot on though. I had my iPhone plugged into my mac, and iTunes wasn't able to see it. My phone would only boot up to the Apple logo, then turn off after a few seconds. I put the phone into DFU mode - for anyone who doesn't know how to do this then click on this link;

iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode

When iTunes recognised the phone was DFU it asked if I wanted to restore the firmware to the most recent update. I was on 3.1.2 and it would mean upgrading to 3.1.3. I accepted and iTunes started doing its business of extracting the software off the phone and started trying to restore it all. Then I got an error message of "an unexpected error occurred". I retried the whole thing again and again. Kept getting the same message. So I then plugged my iPhone into my housemates mac and put it into DFU mode on his computer. iTunes asked me all the same things again, only this time it installed everything successfully. I then unplugged the phone from my housemates mac when iTunes started asking me about setting up the new iPhone on his mac. I plugged it back into mine and it gave me the same options as when I first got the phone. It also gives you the option to restore the phone from a recent back up, which iTunes had previously made. I restored from that backup.

I then re-jailbreaked my new firmware using Spirit; Spirit A very good an easy jailbreak.

I then re-downloaded everything that I had saved with Cydia and had my phone back to pretty much where it was.

Happy days. 360psp, I shall give you a thanks. I really appreciate your help. If this is useful for anyone else then please give us thanks

Pees.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by childpleez85 View Post
    Ok,
    try this hold down the power and the home button when its off.
    Keep trying it a few times and see what heppenz
    I have tried multiple ways of doing this and my iphone is still Stuck in DFU Mode. Can someone please help how I can get my 3GS get it out of DFU Mode???