Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone else having trouble changing host file?

Default Anyone else having trouble changing host file?
    Has anyone figured out how to make the needed change to the host file to direct to sauriks site instead of apples?

Thanks

Try this if your on windows it will automaticly set you host file for sauriks server..
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to g0sbv For This Useful Post:

franklinromeo (05-07-2010), John1177 (05-07-2010), Poseidon79 (05-07-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

So, open the file CWindows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) and add the following entry to the bottom of the file.
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    Now, when iTunes thinks it is talking to Apple, it is talking to Cydia instead. Doing this will allow iTunes to access signatures already stored by Cydia's "on file" feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    So, open the file C:WindowsSystem32driversetchosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) and add the following entry to the bottom of the file.
    Now, when iTunes thinks it is talking to Apple, it is talking to Cydia instead. Doing this will allow iTunes to access signatures already stored by Cydia's "on file" feature.
    I keep trying to add that line but it won't save it. I get error message saying it cannot create that file, then it will save it in "host.txt"

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Right click the file... open with text editor.. add the line.. then hit save.

Open notepad as administrator, otherwise it wont work.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    So, open the file C:WindowsSystem32driversetchosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) and add the following entry to the bottom of the file.
    before I actually try to restore my bricked iPhone. Is there a way for me to get into the phone and explore it?
    YOU HELP ME, I THANK YOU
    I HELP YOU, YOU THANK ME

AND WE'RE ALL HAPPY

Quote Originally Posted by john1177 View Post
    i keep trying to add that line but it won't save it. I get error message saying it cannot create that file, then it will save it in "host.txt"
    it worked!!!!!!!!!! Thank you thank you.