+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reminder: Back Up Those SHSH Blobs!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
While we're all basking in our post-Spirit-jailbreak glory, just a friendly reminder to backup your iDevice's SHSH blobs if you haven't done so already! In simplest terms, this is important
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Reminder: Back Up Those SHSH Blobs!
    While we're all basking in our post-Spirit-jailbreak glory, just a friendly reminder to backup your iDevice's SHSH blobs if you haven't done so already!

In simplest terms, this is important because, as soon as Apple updates their firmware (which could very well kill the Spirit jailbreak), you will only be able to restore or downgrade your firmware IF you take this step now.

Normally, this can be done with one push of the "Make my life easier" button in Cydia, but, as their servers are clogged to hell this week, it looks like that's still not available for the iPhone. . . . So it looks like Firmware Umbrella, or one of the other programs that will save your SHSH blob, are your best options. Googling firmware umbrella shsh oughta give you the goods.

Cheers!

iPhone? More like MyPhone thechronic's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the tip. Firmware umbrella works great for backing up shsh blobs.

I used it for my own device and a few of my friends.