+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: desperately need help asap :(

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have the Iphone 3G firmware 3.something jailbroken. I wanted to turn my Iphone off so i did... (Note* Yes, i turned it off manually, as i have seen some
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default desperately need help asap :(
    I have the Iphone 3G firmware 3.something jailbroken. I wanted to turn my Iphone off so i did... (Note* Yes, i turned it off manually, as i have seen some topics about iphone randomly shutting down... that is not the problem) and then when i wanted to turn it back on using the on/off/sleep button on top, The white/silver apple logo would show in front of a black screen (Very normal)... But it would go black again o.o... I tried doing it again and same thing. Tried plugging it in, Apple logo came on automatically... but turned off again. Tried connecting it to a comp, Itunes does not detect it. Recover mode, doesnt work... WTH DO I DO!? plz help ty

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The battery level may be too low. Leave it overnight on the charger and try again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am having the same problem. except that i know the battery was fully charged before "rock death 2010"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

omfg im having the exact same problem. iphone 3G 3.1.2. updated about 6-7 apps last night through rock. cant rememeber if rebooted but must have as rock requires you to do this with some new apps. anyway, today my iphone was running quite slow so i decided to reboot it, as i usually do when it runs slow. so through sbsettings i pressed power and then selected reboot. i then left my phone thinking it would reboot. about half an hour later i look at my phone and its off. so i decided to power it on, saw the apple logo come up and thought everything was fine. looked again 2mins later and it was off again.. i then realised that it wouldnt boot up properly. i found this was the exact same problem that alot of people are experiencing, after searching through google. the iphone will power on with the silver apple logo appearing and will then just cut off after 5-10secs. what has pissed me off is that i my contacts will now have gone. is there anyone who knows of a fix for this issue, as i really dont want to restore it and loose my contatcs. i would rather give the phone away for free than loose all my contacts. and no before you ask i didnt perform a backup of the iphone because itunes is installed on my borthers laptop, and i didnt want him accessing my personal files. so please could someone provide some information on this issue, which is causing alot of iphone users problems. thanks in advance, looking forward to your helpful replies.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If the iPhone turns itself off in less than 2 minutes of the boot sequence, it's something to do with the system security and the iPhone is forced to shut down and there's no way to access and retrieve the address book.

If the boot sequence is not completed after 2 minutes, it automatically restarts and enters the boot loop. This is usually the case when reboot after several updates/installations. There's some tool to get the iphone out of the boot loop.