+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes Account Theft

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My iTunes account was hacked recently and several hundred dollars worth of iPad apps were purchased without my knowledge. The only place I even access my iTunes account is from
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iTunes Account Theft
    My iTunes account was hacked recently and several hundred dollars worth of iPad apps were purchased without my knowledge.
    The only place I even access my iTunes account is from my jailbroken iPhone 3GS so I'm assuming that somebody found a way to keylog or steal my iTunes session.
    Changing the default passwords was the first thing I did after jailbreaking so I'm pretty sure it was not one of the known worms that attack through SSH.
    Has anybody run into this kind of issue while jailbroken?
    I've dug through the processes but it doesn't seem like anything malware related is running, but then again it could be that some process has simply been overwritten.
    Are there any tools available to check outbound network packet content from the iPhone?
    I'm new to this stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated, but I think this knowledge would also benefit the community as well.
    Thanks
    Last edited by eyhk; 05-05-2010 at 03:31 PM. Reason: spelling error

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyhk View Post
    My iTunes account was hacked recently and several hundred dollars worth of iPad apps were purchased without my knowledge.
    The only place I even access my iTunes account is from my jailbroken iPhone 3GS so I'm assuming that somebody found a way to keylog or steal my iTunes session.
    Changing the default passwords was the first thing I did after jailbreaking so I'm pretty sure it was not one of the known worms that attack through SSH.
    Has anybody run into this kind of issue while jailbroken?
    I've dug through the processes but it doesn't seem like anything malware related is running, but then again it could be that some process has simply been overwritten.
    Are there any tools available to check outbound network packet content from the iPhone?
    I'm new to this stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated, but I think this knowledge would also benefit the community as well.
    Thanks
    I use Firewall iP and it will warn you when something is comming or going and ask for your permission!

Also can you contact Itunes Store and see what Ip address the purchases were made from!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 05-05-2010 at 04:28 PM.