Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reboot - then forced connect to itunes

Default Reboot - then forced connect to itunes
    This is an odd one. I'm running a 2g, and I'm running 2.2.1 which was jailbroken using pwnage.

I rebooted my phone this morning, and now it is telling me to connect to itunes. I can unlock and it gives me the emergency screen. However I can use the emergency screen to make regular calls.

Weirdly enough the following works
    1) It buzzes to show its' receiving e-mails.
    2) It can place and receive calls.
    3) Bluetooth works - connected through car and dialing.
    4) Receives text messages
    5) Ipod audio functions work through earbuds.

I've searched, and don't see anyone else with the same problem. I unfortunately will not have access to my computer for another 72 hrs as I'm traveling.

Any thoughts as to what may have happened?

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roz View Post
    This is an odd one. I'm running a 2g, and I'm running 2.2.1 which was jailbroken using pwnage.

I rebooted my phone this morning, and now it is telling me to connect to itunes. I can unlock and it gives me the emergency screen. However I can use the emergency screen to make regular calls.

Weirdly enough the following works
    1) It buzzes to show its' receiving e-mails.
    2) It can place and receive calls.
    3) Bluetooth works - connected through car and dialing.
    4) Receives text messages
    5) Ipod audio functions work through earbuds.

I've searched, and don't see anyone else with the same problem. I unfortunately will not have access to my computer for another 72 hrs as I'm traveling.

Any thoughts as to what may have happened?
    Don't want to sound mean but if you travel much you need a laptop!

I would just rejailbreak it!

Could go to a motel and use the computer there! Most have one in a corner or in a room by there self that they let people use!

Ah, but i do have a laptop. A work one, which means, no itunes, no OSX. I have a MBP, but that would mean lugging 2 laptops with me. Which honestly right now doesn't seem as bad as it originally did.

I think I'm going to try to upgrade/restore to 3.1.2 and then jailbreak/unlock again using blackra1n.

I wonder if I can run out to Kinkos and just rent a PC for an hr or two... if they'll let me install itunes..

Thanks

Ah, but i do have a laptop. A work one, which means, no itunes, no OSX. I have a MBP, but that would mean lugging 2 laptops with me. Which honestly right now doesn't seem as bad as it originally did.

I think I'm going to try to upgrade/restore to 3.1.2 and then jailbreak/unlock again using blackra1n.

I wonder if I can run out to Kinkos and just rent a PC for an hr or two... if they'll let me install itunes..
    I understand I to use to have to carry 2 laptops with me mine and the co untill co updated there system and now I can log on to co mainframe with my laptop and use a key fob, like the PayPal thingy and do all my co stuff!

Just my opinion I would stay away from Blackra1n!

Any reason particular reason to stay away from blackra1n? It seems real easy from everything i've read. I'd go back to pwnage, but it seems my phone has "un" pwned itself.

Thanks

Any reason particular reason to stay away from blackra1n? It seems real easy from everything i've read. I'd go back to pwnage, but it seems my phone has "un" pwned itself.
    See a lot of post with phone problems and they have jailbroken with Blackra1n, not saying Blackra1n caused the problems, but I use PWNAGE Tool and have never had a problem my phone is a 3gs old bootrom