Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App store still tied to iPhone 3GS previous owner's account

Question App store still tied to iPhone 3GS previous owner's account
    I bought my 3GS from someone and, silly me, I decided not to reflash it, but simply delete his e-mail, Facebook and App Store accounts and set mine up instead. Piece of cake. Big mistake.

I was able to download and purchase apps using my own account from the App Store, but the problem came when apps that the previous owner downloaded needed to update. The App Store asks for his account password and, since I don't know it, even apps that I downloaded are stuck in the Update tab. I am guessing if I uninstall all of his apps that I decided to keep and reinstall them, I should be OK, but is there another workaround for this?

Another problem I have is that, apparently, he enabled notifications when he installed Facebook. I changed the account to mine, but I am still getting his notifications all day long. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling Facebook and I still get those. What gives?

I really don't want to wipe and reflash my 3GS unless I must, so any advise would be appreciated.

TIA!

P.S. In case it matters, I'm on 3.1.2 and blackra1n jailbroken.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Your gonna need to restore the phone. Its not a big deal.

After waiting 2 days for a different response, I guess that's the only answer. Thanks. Grrr!