+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: After an update of some already installed apps the iPhone doesn't start anymore

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi All, I have a 3.1 or 3.1.1 or 3.1.2 iphone (don't remember wich exactly, but I think one of the first two) blackra1ned half year ago. It was working
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default After an update of some already installed apps the iPhone doesn't start anymore
    Hi All,

I have a 3.1 or 3.1.1 or 3.1.2 iphone (don't remember wich exactly, but I think one of the first two) blackra1ned half year ago.

It was working fine.

Today I updated the "Rock" installer and one dev-cmd (don't remember the exact name) application.

Now my iPhone 2G doesn't start anymore. When starting it, the apple appears for few seconds, and then the phone switchs off.

What can I do? What are the possibilities?

I would like to not loose the SMS, contacts, notes... if possible also the application... I need your expertise.

Please suggest what I can do.
    Thank you

Thanks

look one post below yours. other people are having the same problem. only option is to restore, re-jailbreak, and hopefully you have a recent backup via itunes for contacts, sms, etc and via rock for apps installed via cydia/rock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh, thank you. What a luck.

I use this thread to ask you for a suggestion.

What firmware you suggest me to update to? What is the best one that I can unlock easily with the most security that everything will work fine?

Unlock with what? Blackra1n as I did before?

Thank you

Thanks

well that depends. do you need an unlock? if so do not go to 3.1.3. if you do NOT need an unlock and only want to jailbreak you can go to 3.1.3 then jailbreak using either redsn0w or spirit. i personally prefer redsn0w for my 3g since it has the tethering hack built in. spirit works just fine and is very fast.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

1. Yes, I do need to unlock it. So I think that 3.1.2 is ok, right?
    2. You suggested me to restore it. If I am not wrong, if I go to iTunes and start the restore procedure the firmware will be the same? Am I right?
    3. Any link to a good procedure that would work fine for my case/situation?

I was thinking something.... on any computer OS Windows and non, if something gets corrupted, if something wrong gets installed or something gets deleted, it is always possible to troubleshoot....

What is in my mind is to go to the file system and check what has been changed added/changed with the recent updates... probably there is something that is read during the booting process that needs to be deleted or replaced.

Is it possible to enter and read all the files and folders of the iPhone even if it cannot boot? What do you think about it?

What are the files that the iPhone reads/loads during boot?

Does iPhone have a "registry" like windows or it doesn't have it like linux?

I was thinking something.... on any computer OS Windows and non, if something gets corrupted, if something wrong gets installed or something gets deleted, it is always possible to troubleshoot....

What is in my mind is to go to the file system and check what has been changed added/changed with the recent updates... probably there is something that is read during the booting process that needs to be deleted or replaced.

Is it possible to enter and read all the files and folders of the iPhone even if it cannot boot? What do you think about it?

What are the files that the iPhone reads/loads during boot?

Does iPhone have a "registry" like windows or it doesn't have it like linux?